Soualiga vs. Blue Safaris

Bluemoon319

We tried to use Blue safaris in October. They cancelled the night before. Thank God I had wifi on the ship where I could read my emails and found out and was able to rent a car the next day. I should have written about the whole situation on Trip Ad because I was upset and really not a big fan of this company. They told me that the squalls to get to Anquilla were too much. I found out that 1. They were not - the ferry ran that day with no issue. 2. They had ran their 3 island trip without any difficulty that day. I had asked them if my husband and I could go on that and got no response. I was reimbursed which was why I didn't write a bad review on Trip Ad. I just felt as if they didn't feel like going that day or maybe didn't have enough people. I don't trust them again to take me out. I am going to try Billy Bones in April 2018. We actually are going to stay in Anguilla for a few days after that cruise so I will get there finally.:D If Billy turns out to be strike #3 with boat tours in st martin, I will continue to rent cars and go on my own. I should add that there were only 3 ships in that day so perhaps they couldn't get enough people for the tour.

That's exactly what I have been trying to point out jean. Blue safari has had a tremendous track record, and it's great that 99florida has had so many great trips with them. That doesn't help people today, when for the last 3 months they look like they have ceased operations, or they just don't care anymore. It's the first time I ever wrote a bad review on TripAdvisor and anyone that checks will see I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We just got back from our cruise on Sunday. We were booked with Blue Safaris on Sunday, 11th. THEY NO SHOWED!!! We waited 2 hours, called 3 times, emailed, and tried to txt with no response.

We still have not heard from them as of today. I have emailed requesting our deposits back (there were 4 of us) but haven't checked my credit card statement yet.

We have now been on 5 cruises with excursions booked for most all ports and I have never had this happen before! I cannot truly express how royally pissed off I was.

Since this was our first time on Sint Maarten, I was determined to not let the day be a total failure. I ended up running into Dexter who gave us a really great deal to drive us all over St Martin and Sint Maarten. We went to 3 beaches and stopped for lunch at an authentic little cafe. Dexter is such a nice guy who I can 100% recommend if you're looking for a great guide by land.

I misplaced his business card, but will update this post once I find it.

Bottom line ....

Blue Safaris rated a BIG, FAT F !!

Dexter rated an A+ (he saved our dreadful start on St Maarten)

Edited by Dallen*

We just got back from our cruise on Sunday. We were booked with Blue Safaris on Sunday, 11th. THEY NO SHOWED!!! We waited 2 hours, called 3 times, emailed, and tried to txt with no response.

We still have not heard from them as of today. I have emailed requesting our deposits back (there were 4 of us) but haven't checked my credit card statement yet.

We have now been on 5 cruises with excursions booked for most all ports and I have never had this happen before! I cannot truly express how royally pissed off I was.

Since this was our first time on Sint Maarten, I was determined to not let the day be a total failure. I ended up running into Dexter who gave us a really great deal to drive us all over St Martin and Sint Maarten. We went to 3 beaches and stopped for lunch at an authentic little cafe. Dexter is such a nice guy who I can 100% recommend if you're looking for a great guide by land.

Bottom line ....

Oh, this doesn't sound good and I have no answers as to why......other than maybe they closed up shop, fell apart.....or just out of business. We had planned on being with them on the 27th with our boys for the day. It really saddens me b/c they are/were really great. So...we are going to have a back up plan if they don't show. What a true disappointment 😔😔😔

That's exactly what I have been trying to point out jean. Blue safari has had a tremendous track record, and it's great that 99florida has had so many great trips with them. That doesn't help people today, when for the last 3 months they look like they have ceased operations, or they just don't care anymore. It's the first time I ever wrote a bad review on TripAdvisor and anyone that checks will see I'm not the only one.

I just read a post stating they never showed up! I'm so disappointed and haven't a clue as to why. I'm not getting a good feeling about this for my family next week. Such a Bummer.....To think that we had such great trips in the past. I've tried contacting them this past week to confirm and have not heard back. This is so not like them that something awful must have happened. I can only speculate and that would not be fair of me to do. Ugh......:(:confused:

I just read a post stating they never showed up! I'm so disappointed and haven't a clue as to why. I'm not getting a good feeling about this for my family next week. Such a Bummer.....To think that we had such great trips in the past. I've tried contacting them this past week to confirm and have not heard back. This is so not like them that something awful must have happened. I can only speculate and that would not be fair of me to do. Ugh......:(:confused:

You know them better than all of us. Is this a husband/wife operation?. I read on trip advisor that the wife is back in the United States. Not sure if true, vacation, or business problems. The signs were all there that Blue Safari, if still in buisnrss, is having big problems the last 3 months.

You know them better than all of us. Is this a husband/wife operation?. I read on trip advisor that the wife is back in the United States. Not sure if true, vacation, or business problems. The signs were all there that Blue Safari, if still in buisnrss, is having big problems the last 3 months.

Yes, a husband and wife operation with two small children. Kirstine is from the states and Fab is from France. They both have their captain license and met on the job. Fab once worked for Bob and decided to try and make it on his own in which they did very successfully. Bob I have no answers as to what is going on or possibly happened. The company is actually in her name (small business - female owned). They are such wonderful people and I'm not getting a good feeling. So sad......and disappointing....

I finally received an email tonight from Kirstine. She says they are in the States for a family matter. I can appreciate emergencies happen and family always takes priority! What I cannot understand is zero communication and being left on the pier waiting 2 hours for a tour that was never coming.

My advice if you're booked with them, have a back up plan in case they don't show.

Still not a happy camper about the situation. :mad:

Yes, a husband and wife operation with two small children. Kirstine is from the states and Fab is from France. They both have their captain license and met on the job. Fab once worked for Bob and decided to try and make it on his own in which they did very successfully. Bob I have no answers as to what is going on or possibly happened. The company is actually in her name (small business - female owned). They are such wonderful people and I'm not getting a good feeling. So sad......and disappointing....

Yes, I just heard from Blue Safaris (Kirstine & Fab) and it's true that they have a family emergency that had them get back to the states. Their devastating family news obviously is more important that anything else at the moment including not responding back to emails. It's sound hellacuois to me regardless of one might think and I understand the frustration for those that have booked. I am currently sailing and will be doing their 3 - splash tour on the 27th. If for some reason Matt (captain holding down the fort for them) doesn't show up, we have a back up plan. I know that those that have been inconvenienced will hear from them and $$ refunds. Let's have some ❤️ and compassion one could be in the same situation one day. Blessings 🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽️⛱⛴

Yes, I just heard from Blue Safaris (Kirstine & Fab) and it's true that they have a family emergency that had them get back to the states. Their devastating family news obviously is more important that anything else at the moment including not responding back to emails. It's sound hellacuois to me regardless of one might think and I understand the frustration for those that have booked. I am currently sailing and will be doing their 3 - splash tour on the 27th. If for some reason Matt (captain holding down the fort for them) doesn't show up, we have a back up plan. I know that those that have been inconvenienced will hear from them and $$ refunds. Let's have some ❤️ and compassion one could be in the same situation one day. Blessings 🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽️⛱⛴

I received another email today stating that we are 3 days from our 3-Splash trip and if I had any questions or concerns to respond back or even go live connecting through the email site. Matt is holding down the fort while they tend to emergency family matters back in the states. This all makes sense now as to why things weren't looking too good and some had disappointing issues in the past several weeks. Sounds like they are still taking care of family matters and now have someone trying to smooth things over in their absence. They truly are a wonderful young family that are enduring a family crises back in the states while trying to run their small business going on the island. I'll report back after our trip and let you all know if it's still as fabulous with their substitution. Chances are that it will be however, I will definitely miss not seeing Fab and Kristine. I pray that their family matters will have a happy ending for them. 🙏🏻💕🎄🌴🎅🏻😎

Bottom line ....

I finally found Dexter's business card. I highly recommend this young man if you are looking for a nice land tour of Sint Maarten and St Martin in a very comfortable passenger van:

Dexter Tours

dextertours.com

dexterhousen at gmail . com

As I commented earlier, he saved our day after being stood up on the pier by Blue Safaris.

I'm glad I found this thread as I have the Anguilla Splash trip booked with Blue Safari for Jan. 12th. I just emailed them but am more concerned that their website no longer exists. I hope that whatever their situation has become better. Might just have to take the ferry over to Anguilla if their tour is out of business.

I'm glad I found this thread as I have the Anguilla Splash trip booked with Blue Safari for Jan. 12th. I just emailed them but am more concerned that their website no longer exists. I hope that whatever their situation has become better. Might just have to take the ferry over to Anguilla if their tour is out of business.

FYI - I just received an email from Blue Safari's booking agent stating that Blue Safari is no longer in business and that they will be refunding my deposit for a tour I had scheduled in April.

I received another email today stating that we are 3 days from our 3-Splash trip and if I had any questions or concerns to respond back or even go live connecting through the email site. Matt is holding down the fort while they tend to emergency family matters back in the states. This all makes sense now as to why things weren't looking too good and some had disappointing issues in the past several weeks. Sounds like they are still taking care of family matters and now have someone trying to smooth things over in their absence. They truly are a wonderful young family that are enduring a family crises back in the states while trying to run their small business going on the island. I'll report back after our trip and let you all know if it's still as fabulous with their substitution. Chances are that it will be however, I will definitely miss not seeing Fab and Kristine. I pray that their family matters will have a happy ending for them. 🙏🏻💕🎄🌴🎅🏻😎

Can you please stop already with this misinformation and nonsense. You have spent the last couple of months bragging about your pinnacle status with Blue Safari. I hope you have great trip with a company that no longer exists. Family emergency!!!! They split and left a lot of people with ruined day trips and no refunds. My friend and his wife just returned last week and I asked him to find out what was going on, and its not good. They went their own ways owing a lot of money. I came on this thread looking for information and let people know that there were problems with Blue Safari. Many people followed telling their stories and problems with Blue Safari. And thru all this all you did was continue to defend a company that was no longer interested in honoring their commitments to their paying customers. And yet somehow, you are the only one in contact with them. You really should be embarrassed. Continued terrible reviews on Trip Advisor and your continued blind loyalty. We should have some compassion...I don't think so. Cant wait to hear about your trip on the 27th. I will make sure to report back on my trip with Captain Bob on the 25th.

Can you please stop already with this misinformation and nonsense. You have spent the last couple of months bragging about your pinnacle status with Blue Safari. I hope you have great trip with a company that no longer exists. Family emergency!!!! They split and left a lot of people with ruined day trips and no refunds. My friend and his wife just returned last week and I asked him to find out what was going on, and its not good. They went their own ways owing a lot of money. I came on this thread looking for information and let people know that there were problems with Blue Safari. Many people followed telling their stories and problems with Blue Safari. And thru all this all you did was continue to defend a company that was no longer interested in honoring their commitments to their paying customers. And yet somehow, you are the only one in contact with them. You really should be embarrassed. Continued terrible reviews on Trip Advisor and your continued blind loyalty. We should have some compassion...I don't think so. Cant wait to hear about your trip on the 27th. I will make sure to report back on my trip with Captain Bob on the 25th.

Wow! Why are you being so ugly with your words? I only share from our personal experience when they were in business. I was just as blindsided as most were. If you went on their FB page (not sure it's up anymore) you would have seen nothing but wonderful experiences with them. Yes, they are no longer in business and yes they are now state side. I honestly don't know why nor do they answer the contact number that was left. When we were there two weeks ago, Matt was running the show with Ken driving their boat (a captain that works for Capt. Bob mind you) so please stop being ugly. Former customers have already stated on other posts that they are being refunded for their deposits and apologies given. I'm not saying it fixed their unfortunate situation or partial ruined vacation, I'm saying everyone was taken by surprise, my family included. Yes, it put a damper in our day too not b/c there was a no show but the weather didn't cooperate, Capt. Ken really didn't want to go out that day to finish up the last few booked tours, but we made the best of a lousy situation. However, I refused to let it mess our entire day, just like your attacking post now. So, I'll leave it at that. I plan to enjoy what is left of my evening and I hope you try and do the same.