Help with buying my husband a tuxedo

crucero-amante

Most tuxedo rental stores will do a free measurement if you go in and ask. We had to do them often for people who were in weddings out of state and needed measurements sent to the stores where they were going to be picked up. That's probably the safest way to get the measurements so that it will fit properly. You can also try on shoes and vests (probably) so you know how the dress shoes and vests you buy might fit.

A dinner jacket does not have to be white. It can be off white or ivory. My husband has an off white dinner jacket (it is very close to ivory) and looks great in it year round. He works outside and always has a tan so it sets off the look quite well.

I would not agree with that. We have seen a lot of dinner jackets on our cruises - especially those that are longer than 7 days. And those that do wear them, look quite handsome in a sea of black.

I LOVE white dinner jackets on men! They are so Cary Grant sexy dapper! True white is more summer only but agree off white and ivory can look nice in winter in the tropics.

Some men may not be comfortable in a white dinner jacket for the very reason that it can stand out. That's a personal choice. It can be more fun to accesorize if that is your goal. btw: The nice lady who fitted mine for me said "I think the color is like French vanilla ice cream!".

I think Jos. Banks is having a sale now.

Cheers

MarkB

We got a very nice wool tux complete with shirt, studs and handkerchief for $99 from e-bay Tuxman. Also got a pair of patent leather shoes that looked brand new for $8! My husband was torn about whether or not to go with a white dinner jacket. Sadly, we didn't see a single one on our cruise. We barely saw guys in tuxes. But our guys did look fine! And we enjoyed the experience :D

Hi Mark - how are you? this is Donna J from the Maasdam cruise - was wondering how you and C are doing - then I peeked in cruise critic and found you giving fashion advice all over!!! (Fishnets and Tux's) You are too funny!We are going on our first cruise since Maasdam this Dec - Norwegian Spirit Dec 8 out of NY - wish you guys could come too!

Hey Donna! We have our formal night pic right next to the computer. (We all look fab!) Just trying to prove that not all guys are "fashion challenged". Hope you are well. We talk to Susan often. Keep in touch and have a great cruise.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.:)

MarkB

Archived