Loving Liberty...X3

[quote name='nativetexan']Glad you had a great time. Can't you believe you wrangled 17 ppl. Yikes!

Thanks for the review!![/QUOTE]

A couple of years ago, we went with 19 family members. My parents, us, my 2 siblings and spouses, 7 grandkids with spouses/fiancees/SO. We had 2 big tables for each dinner. Breakfast and lunches we were free to go wherever we wanted. But for dinner, everyone was expected to be there.

We are going on Liberty May 22-29. This time, no grandkids because there are now infant and toddler great-grandkids and it's too hard to bring them at this time. So, only 8 of us going.

[quote name='TexasAnn']Thanks for the quickie review. I am especially interested in what fellow Texans say about Sabor. Living in San Antonio I'm having a hard time getting hubby into trying this on a cruise ship!

Ann[/QUOTE]

Another Texan chiming in to say that we love Sabor! It's not traditional Tex-Mex but it's really, really good!! We enjoyed it so much on Navigator we went back another night.

Hi Becci. We were on the Liberty March 27-April 3. I agree with you about the food -- just seemed "off" this time. Maybe it's the number of passengers -- I think it is over 1000 passengers more than the voyager class out of Galveston (before the Navigator refurb). I'm sure it is harder to cook for more people. At least the Fillet of Beef Monday night was excellent, as usual. As you said, the sausage gravy in the buffet for breakfast was like water -- way too thin. And the grits were also very watered down. Oh well, we found enough stuff to eat anyway.

Elevators: Note that there this ship has the same number and sizes of elevators as the older voyager class ships out of Galveston -- but as I said at least 1000 more passengers. The elevators were often full. My wife has MS and uses a scooter, so stairs are not an option for her. We were on deck 2 this past cruise, so getting an up-elevator was usually not a problem. Getting one on deck 4 or 5 became harder, especially going down. So, for anyone taking this cruise, note that you might have a wait for an elevator. Many time we went "up" when we really wanted to go "down" because the down-elevators were full. Sigh. Edited by Jimnbigd

Becci,

Talked to Jorge about filing complaints about the DL and switching the 2 lounges. He said he was just talking and meant to say that if all 351 D's and D+'s that were on your cruise would complain and suggest to Miami that the lounges should be switched, maybe Mami would listen!! Actually, maybe Miami did listen because last week we had the lady in charge of C&A on board through Wed checking out the situation with the DL. Of course, she chose to check it out after 6pm when the lounge was fairly quiet and a week when we only had 300 D & D+ on board. This week we are back to over 400 and it is a zoo. We prefer to sit outside or sit outside the Pub.

FYI - the Tidal Wave was removed from the ship Sunday to be redesigned. Have been told it will be back on the ship by the end of May or sometime in June and hopefully it will work and be safe.

Also, read your beautiful poem, how neat is that to have it framed on the wall!! Great job!!

Carla Edited by golfpccc

[quote name='Sun Lakes Cruiser']Can you please comment on the beds. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='BecciBoo']LOL yep you take every thing with a grain of salt, But that's what he said....

Beds... I think our bed was an original, hasn't been replaced yet, it was way bouncy and springs made noise but not hard at all...however, we slept like babies, we had the topper...so pre order that. It had body impressions in it LOL. Also, and someone may confirm this, but the carpet and upholstery in our cabin was the same as in 2007. It had not been replaced with the new updated blue swirl like Navigator got, and that surprised me. The Caribbean leaves motif is pretty dated.[/QUOTE]

We were in 1828 on Deck 12, one of the new rooms, and the bed was hard. We did request the topper ahead of time and it was on the bed but after the first night I had a stiff lower back so I requested a second one from our cabin attendant and he got another one on that day. Slept much better the rest of the cruise.

[quote name='vettecruiser1'][IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160509/23e006846da4097c4088269b32fde0c7.jpg[/IMG]

Based on this photo as the ship left Sunday evening the slide has not been removed.[/QUOTE]

Did some more digging found this from Sunday. At 2:46 you can see they removed the exit to the slide. So good news is that it looks like it is getting fixed.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XroVzifXdYI[/url]

[quote name='TexasAnn']Thanks for the quickie review. I am especially interested in what fellow Texans say about Sabor. Living in San Antonio I'm having a hard time getting hubby into trying this on a cruise ship!

Ann[/QUOTE]

We loved Sabor and have lived in Texas all 43 years of my life. I prepared myself by coming to the understanding this is Spanish/Mexican fusion. We absolutely loved the guacamole and desserts. Of the food our top choices were Duck burritos, chicken and corn empanadas, tortilla soup, calamari, bacon wrapped chicken stuffed jalapeno. We dined there twice.

[SIZE="3"]I could get along on just the chicken jalapeno things and the warm Dulce de Leche dessert on the sampler...it was heaven:p My FIL loved his snapper and I loved the shrimp mmmmmmmmmmm![/SIZE]