Oslo Visitor Center

Is the Oslo Visitor Center close to where the cruise ships dock? We would like to purchase an Oslo Pass and pick it up when we arrive.

If your ship docks where mine did, it is definitely walkable to get to the Visitor Center. The Center's website indicates it it located outside the Central Train Station. I walked to this station from my ship. As I was exploring the city on foot. But it's going to take a little while to walk there.

I noticed on the Oslo Pass website that it can also be purchased at Akershus Castle. This castle is directly beside the location where my ship docked. You might consider getting it here. The pass also seems to be sold at most hotels. My guess is that you will pass by a hotel before you would get to the Oslo Visitor Center.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Depends on where your ship docks. As noted above some sales points are closer than rail station. If you purchase on line you can only pickup at the visitor center otherwise you can use alternate locations for purchase. In any event Oslo Ida very small city by world capital standards and easy to walk in. If you are a senior pass is even better deal.

We docked close to the centre, there was full visitor information in the port building which you walk through.

We purchased metro tickets to get to the ski museum, given maps and they would change money.

• 2 weeks later...