Divina Embarkation Time

98Charlie

Any recent Divina cruisers know (approximately) what time they start boarding the ship?

This will be my 1st MSC cruise. On the other 5 lines I have cruised they are generally in a hurry to get you on the ship and I've even made it to my cabin by 10:30 on one sailing out of Port Canaveral:p Generally I've found the ships are starting to load by noon unless there are extenuating circumstances.

The e-docs say 2PM just like all other cruises.

Charlie

Any recent Divina cruisers know (approximately) what time they start boarding the ship?

This will be my 1st MSC cruise. On the other 5 lines I have cruised they are generally in a hurry to get you on the ship and I've even made it to my cabin by 10:30 on one sailing out of Port Canaveral:p Generally I've found the ships are starting to load by noon unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Charlie

Charlie,

Three weeks ago they were boarding by 12:00.

On our March 19 cruise, boarding started at noon. Our boarding pass said 2 PM and as I had heard the MSC starts boarding late, we showed up at the port at 12:30, unloaded the car and then parked the car.

We entered the building at 12:45 PM and we were checked in, on board ship, and eating in the buffet at 1:15 after picking up our drink packages and registering the credit card when we first boarded.

It was the fastest check in and boarding we have had in our forty years of cruising.

YMMV if you arrive at the port before noon.

Thanks. We'll be checking out of the hotel by 11.

When were cabins opened? Thanks to the Match Program I'm Black with MSC.

Charlie,

Cabins ready by 2:00pm, luggage took much longer we got our after 5:00pm.

I suggest to take a copy of your Black Loyalty Match. We had the experience that our Loyalty Match was not link to our reservation on board. I'm glad I had my papers to show them.

Sounds like we should make sure we have dinner clothes in our carry on. I know most lines are lenient about the dress code on embarkation. I just personally don't like wearing shorts into the MDR if I can help it.

We started out this morning. Friends/family to visit on the way.

Sounds like we should make sure we have dinner clothes in our carry on. I know most lines are lenient about the dress code on embarkation. I just personally don't like wearing shorts into the MDR if I can help it.

We started out this morning. Friends/family to visit on the way.

Safe travel to Miami.

Is there any provision for Black level members to drop off their carryons in their rooms upon embarkation?

Also, is the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day or is it just the buffet?

And another one - is the Maitre d' at the dining room at embarkation to check dining arrangements?

Thank you!

I was interested in the carry on question also. I started another thread with that question. It was suggested that we can check carry ons at guest services once on the ship and pick them up when cabins are available.

I'm on my phone now and can't link to the thread but it's here on the MSC boards.

Charlie

Charlie

On April 30 they started at noon.

• 1 year later...

Seriously, one can spend hours reading through thousands of words of people asking the same question in the same thread, but never coming upon a reply. Listen folks, once a question is asked, it is not helpful, in fact is is detrimental, to just repeat the fact that you have the same problem too. Who wants to read that over and over and over again? This is one of the worse sites for this kind of behavior. If you can't answer the question, don't pile on with your own similar problem. No one cares.

Seriously, one can spend hours reading through thousands of words of people asking the same question in the same thread, but never coming upon a reply. Listen folks, once a question is asked, it is not helpful, in fact is is detrimental, to just repeat the fact that you have the same problem too. Who wants to read that over and over and over again? This is one of the worse sites for this kind of behavior. If you can't answer the question, don't pile on with your own similar problem. No one cares.

Boarding starts shortly before noon