Ensenada wine country tour

Anyone been on the wine country tour in Ensenada (off Carnival Inspiration)? Would it be totally inappropriate to bring young kids on the tour? Or OK? Looking through the excursion offerings, I think this is one my husband and I would enjoy, but we will have our 5 and 3 year olds with us (not comfortable leaving them on the ship if we are not with them).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've done the wine tour twice. And although I don't recall any kids being on our tour - it would not be inappropriate. At both wineries we visited, there is ample time to look/walk/run :) around the grounds, separate from the tasting itself.

I've done the wine tour twice. And although I don't recall any kids being on our tour - it would not be inappropriate. At both wineries we visited, there is ample time to look/walk/run :) around the grounds, separate from the tasting itself.

Thanks for your response. Reading some reviews of the excursion, it sounds like it can get to be quite a party bus on the way back. Just wanted to make sure it wouldn't be an inappropriate atmosphere for my kids (although they'll probably have headphones on watching videos on the kindle anyway). Also, that 2 kids wouldn't necessarily ruin the wine tasting experience for the other adults.

I imagine there will always be a chance you could get a rowdy crowd, especially depending upon what time of year you go. But we didn't encounter that either time and we had a pretty broad range of ages, 20's - 60's, on our tours.

Maybe grab seats in the front of the bus if possible. Seems the rowdy ones would probably not choose to be that close to the driver and tour guide. (But that's just my opinion). :)

We did it over march break with our 12 & 17 yr olds. At the first vineyard they may be a bit bored during the tasting but it's shorter than the second stop. There is bread and cheese at the first one. They got pop and cookie at the second one and the pizza was super yummy! A big hit. There was an Aztec doing a dance which intrigued our 12 year old.. We did it on the Imagination and I did a review of it if you scroll through :)

I was wondering the same....We leave this month and I have a 12 and 10 year old....they offer pricing for children so I would assume its not a problem.

There doesn't seem to be much to do in Ensenada so I figure the bus ride and site seeing should be a good way to use up time in port and We get to taste some wines in the meanwhile.

We didn't wan't to stay on the ship in port or spend all day looking in small trinket shops. So, we're looking forward too it.

La Bufadora is always a nice excursion.

If you take the shuttle ($2) into town there'll be a discounted tour ($15). No idea if there is children's pricing

The Wine Country Tour is one of my favorites. I don't recall any children, but that doesn't mean it would be totally inappropriate. I agree with OP though that they will be quite bored. I also think it will alter your experience a bit as one of you caters to the kids. There really isn't an area for them to hang out during the tasting and it is quite a long while. Think about it...they may have a much better time staying on the ship and certainly you will. Ensenada is not a port where you might have trouble getting back to the ship (be sure you book through Carnival) and don't hang out in town afterwards and you'll be fine. Enjoy!

Why not hang out in town? Our girls have been traveling into that part of Mexico since they've been 6 weeks old. When they were 1&3 we convinced them that Mexicans ate fish sticks wrapped in tortillas;).

Ave Primera/Ave Lopez and the streets leading up to them are decent for strollers, including curb cutouts. Off the tourist streets the sidewalks have potholes.

Along the Malecon, near the Big Flag (at least the Big Flag Pole) is a small playground.

The Mexican Riviera board has info for restaurants

Edited by SadieN

On one of the stops you will tour the winery itself. Takes about an hour or so, lot's of walking and stopping and listening to the tour guide. Then you go to the tasting room for about 30 minutes. There is a small patio area with a very lovable cat and a gift shop.

The other stop, you can sit around a table with your family and sample pizza, bread and oils along with the wine tasting. Also inside the gift shop at this stop you can sample 100's of Jams and Jelly's. They do have some food and drink here for purchase.

We have done this same tour on Carnival and Princess several times. Always bought some of the Jam and Jelly.

The bus ride will take you through part of the town and then out into the country side on some paved and some dirt roads.

We have seen teens on the tour, but I don't recall seeing any toddlers.

Hope this helps. Happy cruising.