Arrrgh!!!!! Annoyed........Carnival website

Wow. Deep breath. I'm so annoyed. And that says a lot because I normally book Celebrity and their website is a nightmare too, but I'm never been this agitated.

I saw a really cool pic of a pool on the Vista. I normally don't do Carnival, but it's the Vista, brand new, and it looked cool. So I went onto the website, saw the Havana cabins - was pretty surprised at the price, even though it was January 2018 I felt it was low at 1400 ish for the Havana balcony. I was pretty excited - the booking site took me to the page where you choose the cabins - there was about 12 cabins on deck 5, all in the aft - I picked one I liked and tried to use the 48 hr hold.

Nope. By the time I clicked the button - it said that cabin was already gone. Ok then, I did linger a bit looking at everything - it's totally within the realm of possibility that someone else chose that cabin during that 5 min.

But then I did it again, and again, and again.

I was less than 45 seconds - and within 5 minutes 9 of those cabins - all showing gone.

Do you mean to tell me that in 5 minutes, 10 people booked those cabins - all on the same date and same exact category????

It was crazy. I even thought maybe that it was because I just wanted a hold, but I tried to put a deposit down on 3 of them!

Has anyone ever had this happen before or have an idea of what happened??

I know I could call, but it was just very strange - it was like a race against the clock!!! I was going crazy - it felt like a fight at the Black Friday sales!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've not had that happen specifically, but I'm not surprised. I've chosen the "pick your cabin" category and then had it not let me choose a cabin and some other strange things. I'm not sure if its on purpose or they just have a poor web design person. Either way, they are getting annoying with a lot of things. I would think twice about Carnival if you are used to Celebrity. (cue all the people hollering at me and being rude-please don't waste your typing, I'm just stating the obvious).

The Havana cabins are selling with higher demand than any category Carnival has sold before. They are sold out pretty much solid through the end of 2017.

If you want a Havana cabin, get in touch with Carnival or a Travel Agent to get it booked ASAP.

Or decide what you want, then instead of starting a thread here, call Carnival and get your cabin & the hold.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

And I did manage to get one of of the frantic clicking - just not the cabin I would have chosen. Ended up with one that wasn't in a great spot - but better than nothing. Still strange. I just wonder if maybe there was a price drop or something and there really were that many grabbing them? Prob never know...... A mystery :)

And I did manage to get one of of the frantic clicking - just not the cabin I would have chosen. Ended up with one that wasn't in a great spot - but better than nothing. Still strange. I just wonder if maybe there was a price drop or something and there really were that many grabbing them? Prob never know...... A mystery :)

Got an email today about Mother's Day Specials! I'm sure that's one reason why it's busy & bookings are up! :p

When I booked my Breeze for Jan 2017 I called in to a rep that had been emailing me regularly as I signed up for emails as apparently he somehow gets info every time that I am researching...anyways to the point.....

when I was ready I called him and we looked at the rooms, surprisingly the website does not show all cabins available so may be best still to try and call in, they may have a better location for your category that you want:)