Specialty dinners for suite passengers

decamp303

We are sailing on the Regal this summer and have a booked a suite for the first time ever. We plan on booking a couple included specialty restaurants, UBD, and the Winemakers Dinner. There are a lot of posts here suggesting that you must book these dinners immediately as you board to either get them at all or at least have flexibly with days and times.

My question is, being in a suite is this still the case or can we get some flexibility with our reservations by booking through the concierge throughout the 11 nights?

Thanks in advance.

You will get a complementary meal in a specialty restaurant on the first evening. If you do not call for a reservation- they may call you!

On the Regal, there is a Concierge Lounge. The concierge will help you make reservations for the dinners you desire. It is one of the perks.

On our BI cruise, my mom and I were in a suite and my brother and SIL were in the adjoining room. I originally was going to attend the Winemaker's dinner with them. The headwaiter booked it for us- but told us we could use the concierge too.

As a full suite passenger, you get dinner in a specialty restaurant. It's supposed to be the first night but there's a little flexibility. Not much and it's based on availability. In our case, our dinner was for Sabatini's but we much prefer the Crown Grill. We were able to call the first day after boarding and make that request, dining in the Crown Grill the second night.

The other dining options you mention are all based on availability. You should call and make your reservations as soon as you board to make sure you get the day and time you prefer.

Try the balcony dining... We loved it

Yes..UBD is definitely in the plans!

Thanks for the responses. We are traveling with another couple that arrived a couple days before us so we will have to ask them to board early to make the reservations. DW and I only have a day and a half in Copenhagen so we hope to board as late as practical on embarkation day.

For what it's worth, I always make dinner reservations for 8:30, and I only very rarely find they are taken. If you are a little open as to the time you eat, you'll likely get better service, and won't have to race 3000 other people for the phones.