Southbound Star Princess Patters - please?

barbpretz

Would any of you lucky cruisers who are cruising on the Star Princess southbound Voyage of the Glaciers be willing to scan and post (or e-mail) copies of your Princess Patters when you return? I don't get to sail until September 3rd and I would love to be able to browse over the possibilities while I impatiently wait for my turn. I'm sure other people would also be interested in seeing these as well. I realize that things might change, but at least this would give me some idea of the current cruise director and give me specifics to fantasize about. I would be extremely grateful if anyone would help me out. Thank you so much!

Here's a link to someone's wonderful Patters from last summer. Thank you whoever you are!

I'm ashamed to say I look at them to get my fix now and then, even though I know activities and entertainment will be different :p ....we're headed out on Sept 17th! Can't wait!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9pSiIp_nFjAfktiZVQyT0ZMakZpLUU3dzNNM3JLWWxwZ1dweWVYUjd2eGtYZGNScG92N3c&usp=sharing

Here's a link to someone's wonderful Patters from last summer. Thank you whoever you are!

I'm ashamed to say I look at them to get my fix now and then, even though I know activities and entertainment will be different :p ....we're headed out on Sept 17th! Can't wait!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9pSiIp_nFjAfktiZVQyT0ZMakZpLUU3dzNNM3JLWWxwZ1dweWVYUjd2eGtYZGNScG92N3c&usp=sharing

I have been drooling over these ever since I booked my cruise! But I'm figuring that the Princess Patters from 2016 will be more similar to my cruise this September - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone will be so kind as to give me something more recent to drool over!

It helps me manage my expectations better - knowing what generally is offered. Knowing there won't be a midnight chocolate buffet, knowing that I have to choose between being in town vs seeing Libby, for example - it's better for me to have already figured that out so it doesn't damper my mood during the trip. So eager to see this year's!

It helps me manage my expectations better - knowing what generally is offered. Knowing there won't be a midnight chocolate buffet, knowing that I have to choose between being in town vs seeing Libby, for example - it's better for me to have already figured that out so it doesn't damper my mood during the trip. So eager to see this year's!

Oh I know! Trying to cram in Mendenhall so we can get back to see Libby, and hopefully, puppies!! Planning for Crab Shack....lunch buffet by the pool....happy hours.... Etc, etc, etc :D

LOL, can't wait for vacation!!

• 1 month later...
Would any of you lucky cruisers who are cruising on the Star Princess southbound Voyage of the Glaciers be willing to scan and post (or e-mail) copies of your Princess Patters when you return? I don't get to sail until September 3rd and I would love to be able to browse over the possibilities while I impatiently wait for my turn. I'm sure other people would also be interested in seeing these as well. I realize that things might change, but at least this would give me some idea of the current cruise director and give me specifics to fantasize about. I would be extremely grateful if anyone would help me out. Thank you so much!

Now that the first few Southbound Alaskan cruises on the Star Princess have returned, I'm posting to bump this up in the hopes that some kind soul will take pity on those of us who have to wait for months longer to cruise. Please, please, please - would someone post their Princess Patters (or e-mail to barbpretz at sbcglobal dot net)? It isn't that difficult, and it would help many of us survive the next few months. Thank you!

Have researched on the Princess board? Far more likely to find them there.

I have tried and Hollon has posted - we'll keep trying! It's such a large ship that there must be someone who has sailed southbound on the Star who would be willing to post the Patters. If you know of anyone, please encourage them to do so!

Not everybody saves theirs....there's so much paper and flyers you get on a cruise that I'm sure they don't think to bother! Me....I'm a pack rat...I have the dailies from all my cruises.

Too bad I'm going on the last southbound of this year, not that it will help anyone, but I will post them on Google drive when I get home anyway!!!

Even good reviews are helpful, to give an idea of the timing for the North to Alaska activities, or how the seafood at the deck parties were, or the wait for anytime dining....etc, etc ;)

Someone hopefully will post some tidbits when they get back! :D

Scanning an entire week's worth of Patters takes a lot of time. A few people are willing to do it, but most are not. You might also look to see if there are Patters posted from another ship on the same itinerary, either this year or last year. It may not give you exact information for your ship, but it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Then if you have specific questions (like what shows are playing or who is the cruise director) you could post specific questions to the Princess board.

Scanning an entire week's worth of Patters takes a lot of time. A few people are willing to do it, but most are not. You might also look to see if there are Patters posted from another ship on the same itinerary, either this year or last year. It may not give you exact information for your ship, but it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Then if you have specific questions (like what shows are playing or who is the cruise director) you could post specific questions to the Princess board.

I do recognize that it takes time to post the Patters (although this may have gotten easier since many people can just take photos of each page and post a photo album). And that's why I would be so very grateful if someone was willing to do this! I can always hope! And I will take your suggestion and ask specific questions on the Princess board (I can never decide which questions go on the Princess board and which would go on the Alaska board). Thanks for your ideas!

And I will take your suggestion and ask specific questions on the Princess board (I can never decide which questions go on the Princess board and which would go on the Alaska board). Thanks for your ideas!

In general, if it has to do with something Princess-specific, such as naturalists on board, dining or entertainment questions, etc. then you should ask on the Princess board. If it is about ports, excursions, etc. then the Alaska board is better. Usually someone will have an answer, even if you post in the "wrong" place, but you will get more/better answers if you post in the "right" place. Usually people are pretty nice about it either way. :)