Cypress Creek?

elycelynne

I noticed on TripAdvisor that there are a few hotels in that area of Ft. Lauderdale, sometimes costing a bit less than others. So is Cypress Creek a bad part of town, or in the middle of nowhere with nothing around, or so far out that a cab ride from the airport or to the port would cost an arm and a leg? Or all of the above?

Just curious.

There are lots of restaurants and shops on Andrews Ave running north from Cypress Creek Rd. There are a few nice hotels within walking distance of them, but many listed as 'Cypress Creek area' that are not. A hotel on the east side of I-95 or closer to State Rd 7 than to Andrews will be pretty isolated. And yes you are looking at a roughly $55-65 cab ride each way. And the larger hotels (definitely the Weston, maybe the Sheraton Suites as well) charge for parking if you were considering a cheap rental car for transportation.

I noticed on TripAdvisor that there are a few hotels in that area of Ft. Lauderdale, sometimes costing a bit less than others. So is Cypress Creek a bad part of town, or in the middle of nowhere with nothing around, or so far out that a cab ride from the airport or to the port would cost an arm and a leg? Or all of the above?

Just curious.

What fishywood said. A cab will cost you a fortune to and from there negating any savings.

If you have a car and find a hotel with free parking (most of them do), it's really not a bad place to stay, but there isn't much of interest around. My friend stayed at the Hampton Inn and said she couldn't sleep due to noise from the trains.

If you have a car and find a hotel with free parking (most of them do), it's really not a bad place to stay, but there isn't much of interest around. My friend stayed at the Hampton Inn and said she couldn't sleep due to noise from the trains.

That is one of my favorite noises!

I love in the winter when we can open the windows and hear the train horns clearly!