Sammie's mom

cdick12

we will be sailing on the Anthem of the Seas in October and have a flight out of Newark at noon. Can anyone give me advise on how to get to the airport at least two hours early. Thank you

we will be sailing on the Anthem of the Seas in October and have a flight out of Newark at noon. Can anyone give me advise on how to get to the airport at least two hours early. Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may also want to ask this on the East Coast Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Self-disembark with your luggage and have a town car driver waiting for you to take you to the airport (reserve this in advance). The driver will text you and you can call him with you cell phone to find out where to go to be picked up (it will likely be across the street from the cruise terminal.) We did this last week from the NCL Breakaway - they let us off at 8:15 and we were at the Newark airport early enough to catch a 10:30am flight home - so we changed our tickets at the airport, went to a different terminal using the airport train and got home a good 4 hours earlier than we would have on our scheduled flight. It is a long walk through the cruise terminal, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I don't know why you are worried. There are no lines at the TSA checkpoint at USA airports. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I heard the news that some lines were over 3 hours and people missed there flights -- WOW.

As another poster said, use the "self assist" when you depart the ship. Don't put your bags in the hall the night before.

You'll probably be off the ship by 8am and in your transport (cab or limo) by 9am. How far is it to the airport?

Edited by Jimnbigd