Does anyone have updates on the 5 night Spirit?

crhenderson

As usual, somone asks a specific question for cruisers who are still crusing at least for another whole day. At least you can wait to ask questions until the day they disembark......

5-Night Cruise - Norwegian Spirit

2005: October 16

Day Port Arrive Depart

Sun. San Francisco, CA - - 4:00pm

Mon. Ensenada, Mexico 8:00pm - -

Tue. Ensenada, Mexico - - 6:00pm

Wed. San Diego, California 7:30am 5:00pm

Thu. Catalina Island 8:00am 4:00pm

Fri. San Francisco, CA 11:30am* - -

Someone will have to bump this thread so it will be visible for the cruisers you wish to answer tomorrow, as it will be lost on page 2 by then.

Wouldn't it be possible for someone who is on board to be surfing the net? Odds are, there won't be any response to this until they are off the ship but who knows? Or maybe someone has a friend or relative on board that has called....

As usual, somone asks a specific question for cruisers who are still crusing at least for another whole day. At least you can wait to ask questions until the day they disembark......

In the past, I have seen posts from cruisers who are onboard the ship - Shroeguy did blogs throughout his Jewel cruise, and so have others.

So, it is seems to be a valid question if you think about it.

We have all been anxious about information from the Spirit, and

the questions have been a-plenty on here.

Thanks for asking, and I for one will watching to see if you get some

great new info about the Spirit.

I asked the question to see if anyone on board now was indeed surfing the net. Disney cruisers give live posts all of the time. Also, I didn't know if someone had friends or family cruising now that they have communicated with by cell phone. I leave tomorrow on the Spirit for my 11th cruise but the first on Noreigan. Hopefully, fellow cruisers will be a little less rude than the initial response to my question.

If you thought my first post was rude, wait until you read this one!

Did I call you any names? Did I use a filty word? Did I implly you were a moron? The answers are NO, NO, and NO!

But, you did imply I was rude, when all I did was point out a truth!

I DEMAND AN APOLOGY!

To the other poster who implies a CC maybe surfing on the Spirit, and might answer this thread today, I ask who aboard the Spirit has been posting from the Spirit the last few days? NOT ONE!

When Shoreguy was, as the other poster pointed out, I will suggest the truth was he did so everyday, not specifically only on the next to last day!

P.S. I might also add it's been almost four hours since the original post on this thread was made, and there hasn't been any replys from anyone on the Spirit so far. I'm willing to bet that no one will till tommorrow! Are there any takers?

CR, I'm sure you'll meet lots of nice folks on the Spirit tomorrow. I'll be there, and I'm nice. I think what you will find is that most folks you'll meet are sailing NCL for the first time (at least that was what I found when I did the 1-nighter last weekend). I sure hope you enjoy your mini-cruise. If you have any questions you think I can answer, ask away!

There's a roll call for the cruise. Stop over there an have a peek.

:) As I predicted yesterday, someone would have to bump this thread back onto the first page. Presently, it's number 12 on the second page.

For a rude and unfriendly person, I'm being very friendly and polite BUMPING this thread to the front page or you!

BUMP!:eek:

:) As I predicted yesterday, someone would have to bump this thread back onto the first page. Presently, it's number 12 on the second page.

For a rude and unfriendly person, I'm being very friendly and polite BUMPING this thread to the front page or you!

BUMP!:eek:

The cruise was great fun! The ship is beautiful. They are still working on many areas that were to be worked on while still in dry dock but that did not dampen our enjoyment. There were many new employees it seemed to us who seemed unfamiliar with proceedures in certain dining room and the existing staff had to get used to a "new ship" coming out of drydock. Some tables were added to some restaurants and others reconfigured or renamed. New carpeting and upholstery were evident everywhere.

The Movie Theater is not currently open (and may be reconfigured into something else along with all the other rooms blocked off in the same vicinity). They were having problems with a number of computer systems (card keys had to be "re-coded" for most guests, at least once). At times the cruise felt like a "dress rehearsal", but for the most part we did not mind. The staff's heart was in the right place. There seemed to be a comunication disconnect in a number of areas. Not sure if this was due to language barriers. Some menu items were not as were printed in the menus.

Having not been on NCL for MANY years, I would try them again and would give my cruise experience a "B". :)

My parents went on the five day cruise. I picked them up from the Pier this morning. It was a zoo out there as the Dawn Princess was at Port too. Overall, my parents had a wonderful time. They said the ship was beautiful. The rooms were very nice. The food was plentiful but the quality was just okay. This was their 5th cruise. The other lines they have sailed are Princess, Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Carnival.

They did mention that they had to get the room keys re-done 4 times over the course of the 5 night cruise! Twice on the first day. Very frustruating as the lines were quite long with people having the same problem. Also, they mentioned that their keys were not ready or available when they first boarded the ship.

I'll try to get more info from them...they are so tired!!!

[quote name=wdwbound}

They did mention that they had to get the room keys re-done 4 times over the course of the 5 night cruise! Twice on the first day. Very frustruating as the lines were quite long with people having the same problem. Also, they mentioned that their keys were not ready or available when they first boarded the ship.[/quote]

Have they changed the entry to the cabins to a" key lock system" instead of the slide card which we are all familiar with?

Thanks.

Have they changed the entry to the cabins to a" key lock system" instead of the slide card which we are all familiar with?

Thanks.

No-They are still using the key cards.

On embarkation afternoon, after announcing this problem and that they would have to make new keys for the whole ship, they also announced complimentary beer, house wine sodas etc until 7pm ;)

One note to add, if considering a massage on this ship-think twice. My niece and I both had one and it was very noisy in the rooms, the music playing skipped-which was a little annoying and the therapist was quite inexperienced.

Over all a decent cruise. I'm not sure if I enjoyed the freestyle experience or not.

Archived