Rental car location in miami w/shuttle to POM

PR Cruisers

I am planning a cruise trip for next November and want to rent a car for 3 days pre cruise at FLL and return it at Miami. There is any rental car location at Miami that has a shuttle to POM?

IF YOU RETURN IT TO MIA THEN THE FOLLOWING HAVE SHUTTLES, DOLLAR, THRIFTY, ALAMO, NATIONAL AND MAYBE ENTERPRISE. i DON'T KNOW ABOUT DOWNTOWN LOCATIONS, BUT IT'S CHEAP TAXI RIDE TO POM.

Just use the airport options. Shuttles for downtown Avis is non existent (unsure of Hertz), and if you are not familiar with the area the various one way streets can get you turned around pretty quick. Slower return process at both locations compared to the airport. Fuel options are more readily available to fill up your rental before returning near the airport than downtown.

When we first started cruising out of POM (1999) we used to drop the cars at airport locations... it was a drag because all the rental locations were offsite at the airport. We then migrated to the downtown locations... better, but still not great. Once the Transportation Center opened at MIA and they worked the kinks out it was SO much more efficient - only place we go now.

I have done this same thing a couple times. We have booked Budget, picked up at FLL then return it the morning of the cruise to the downtown (2nd Avenue) location. They now run a free shuttle to the POM. It's only a couple of miles away so the first time we took a taxi, because they didn't have the shuttle yet. Did the opposite after the cruise. Worked perfectly, and very easy. If you do a little research you can usually find decent discount codes for Budget, also.

I have done this same thing a couple times. We have booked Budget, picked up at FLL then return it the morning of the cruise to the downtown (2nd Avenue) location. They now run a free shuttle to the POM. It's only a couple of miles away so the first time we took a taxi, because they didn't have the shuttle yet. Did the opposite after the cruise. Worked perfectly, and very easy. If you do a little research you can usually find decent discount codes for Budget, also.

Which gas station did you use to fill up the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which gas station did you use to fill up the tank?

I can't remember exactly but there is one about 1/2 mile from the rental office. I use an app called Gas Buddy, shows all the gas stations and prices around your location.

I can't remember exactly but there is one about 1/2 mile from the rental office. I use an app called Gas Buddy, shows all the gas stations and prices around your location.

Thanks for the reco about gas buddy app, I will give a look at it.