Snacks

My first thought when I see a question like this is Why? There is so much food on the ship...

Understood. There is always someone who asks this, and for me and other diabetics, the answer is that we need to bring some of our own snacks to help us regulate and control our blood sugar. Many people just grab a few cookies or a slice or two of pizza, but I don't do that. I am more likely to choose some almonds, a high-fiber granola bar, piece of cheese if I can get it... items that will not tend to make my blood sugar spike.

Just wanted to help you (and others) understand. :)

My son has many food allergies, we always bring our own snacks on the ship, a duffel bag full of snacks to be honest. Some homemade, since he can't eat the desserts offered. We also bring factory sealed items for when we are in ports. Definitely bring what makes you comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mommyloves2cruise

Understood. There is always someone who asks this, and for me and other diabetics, the answer is that we need to bring some of our own snacks to help us regulate and control our blood sugar. Many people just grab a few cookies or a slice or two of pizza, but I don't do that. I am more likely to choose some almonds, a high-fiber granola bar, piece of cheese if I can get it... items that will not tend to make my blood sugar spike.

Makes sense. Even when I am dieting I view my cruise time as an "anything goes" time, but obviously not everybody can treat it that way. I'd probably be better off at the end of the cruise if I couldn't either lol

Can I bring sealed bags of pretzels in my luggage aboard Anthem? My last two cruises I couldn't find anything salty/crunchy to snack on!
to b

Yes, you have my permission to bring 20 pounds of pretzels on your cruise!

Please do not exceed this amount, as storage maybe a problem! Enjoy!