Cabin Review

ultimatecruizer

Been on Celebrity before but never an aft cabin. Am booked for Canada/New England out of Cape Liberty. From reading other threads I'm finding I need to get a flight into EWR rather than JFK. Has anyone ever cruised in cabin 8170, even though Celebrity is our favorite line would love an honest rating. Thanks in advance.

Been on Celebrity before but never an aft cabin. Am booked for Canada/New England out of Cape Liberty. From reading other threads I'm finding I need to get a flight into EWR rather than JFK. Has anyone ever cruised in cabin 8170, even though Celebrity is our favorite line would love an honest rating. Thanks in advance.

You don't identify the ship you have booked (it makes a difference), but I suspect your cruise is on the Summit, an M class ship. The aft C1 category cabins on an M class ship (including cabin 8170) are, in my opinion, some of the best cabins available. They have huge, deep balconies which give the feeling of nearly doubling your cabin space. About two thirds of the balcony is covered, giving plenty of shade and ample room for getting sun close to the railing. And you will get real grownup furniture -- a large table suitable for breakfasts or other meals, a couple of loungers and a couple of other chairs. You will not feel at all crowded. We have hosted a wine and cheese party for 10 on one of those balconies. They are our favorite cabins to book, but often not available. And, of course, you get to watch the wake. Heaven. Enjoy cabin 8170.

David

We were in 8170 on Millennium, which is the exact same stateroom on Summit. The balcony is huge -- we hosted a wine & cheese for 8-10 people. The balcony is private, and large enough for a huge table & two chairs along with a couple of loungers. You'll absolutely love it.

This answer is off topic, but may help you. When booking an aft balcony, be aware that most have little or no cover so they are exposed to the sun. If you are cruising when temps are high, the balcony may be to hot to use. We had one on Century's cruise from Singapore to Dubai in 2015 and temps were in the 90s and the balcony was practically unusable.

On cruises where it is cold or chilly, the sun might be a positive. We have booked an aft balcony for our next cruise to Alaska, which should work out better for us, since aft balconies don't have a wind to cool you even more.

This answer is off topic, but may help you. When booking an aft balcony, be aware that most have little or no cover so they are exposed to the sun. If you are cruising when temps are high, the balcony may be to hot to use. We had one on Century's cruise from Singapore to Dubai in 2015 and temps were in the 90s and the balcony was practically unusable.

On cruises where it is cold or chilly, the sun might be a positive. We have booked an aft balcony for our next cruise to Alaska, which should work out better for us, since aft balconies don't have a wind to cool you even more.

That may be true on the S-Class, but certainly not on the M-Class. The canvas covers around 1/2 of the balcony.