Coffee Bar Cheers Question

billvabeach

I am an early riser. Beautiful Bride, not so much. On vacations, I typically get up early and bring coffee back to hotel room or cabins. As we will have Cheers this time, and both of us will participate, will they allow me to take her S&S to the Coffee Bar and get each of us a coffee or will I need to get mine, sit for 5 minutes and order another. Either is fine but getting both would be more convenient.

I am an early riser. Beautiful Bride, not so much. On vacations, I typically get up early and bring coffee back to hotel room or cabins. As we will have Cheers this time, and both of us will participate, will they allow me to take her S&S to the Coffee Bar and get each of us a coffee or will I need to get mine, sit for 5 minutes and order another. Either is fine but getting both would be more convenient.

My husband was able to get coffee using both of our cards on the Inspiration with no problem. :)

I'm fairly certain since they are non-alcoholic beverages you could just order them both with your card. I believe the 5 minute rule only applies to alcohol as well. It's also my understanding the non-alcoholic drinks don't count towards your 15 drink limit.

It has to be 5 minutes if you use the same card. It will really depend on the bar tender/barista if they will let you use a different card at the same time. We always make friends with the bar tenders so I've been able to get me and my wife a drink while she was in the room.

My suggestion is to get chatty with the barista and let them know you'll be regulars. We're also looking forward to be able to get good coffees with the Cheers on our next cruise.

It's the same as alcohol, it all depends on the bartender or in this case barista, serving you. Some let you use wife/husband's card and some are strict. Tipping could help but I'm sure it all depends on if the server has been told not to do it or even gotten yelled at for doing it before as Carnival's policy is only you are allowed to use your card for cheers.

I'm fairly certain since they are non-alcoholic beverages you could just order them both with your card. I believe the 5 minute rule only applies to alcohol as well. It's also my understanding the non-alcoholic drinks don't count towards your 15 drink limit.

people have posted here. its not just alcohol from what some posters have said

I used my card and my friends card and ordered two coffees at least twice on the triumph in April.

The first time I also tried to get s vitamin water and was told I had to wait five minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your response. This is my first real vacation since 2007 and first cruise in 10 years. I'm just going to be Mr. Smile on My Face and Tipper. I used to take these trips for granted and I plan to enjoy every second. If it takes an extra 5 minutes to get Beautiful Bride her cup, it's five minutes that I am not at work doing something much less pleasant.