Taking water off the ship at port?

It's been a few years but when we did the passion island excursion they did serve bottled water not just other drinks even though it's not on the list so you might want to email and ask if you decide you want to go with that one and check. I bet they will have water. They don't only have bottled water they also used filtered ice to keep the drinks cold. Remember a lot of vendors on the street selling bottled water are using tap water for ice. You do not want to be drinking out of bottled water, soda etc that's been chilled in ice made from tap water. It's just as bad as drinking tap water because all the bacteria is now on your bottle and being pregnant that's not a risk you want to take. Make sure the ice used to chill is filtered too.

Passion island is beautiful, we are going to Coz again in Oct and Dec and will probably go to PI again on our Dec trip. May have to take the twister over again with our girls, they haven't take a high speed boat ride like that before, it should be fun, Dh and loved it when we did it. Definitely not something you can do while you are pregnant but something fun to think about for later.

It's been a few years but when we did the passion island excursion they did serve bottled water not just other drinks even though it's not on the list so you might want to email and ask if you decide you want to go with that one and check. I bet they will have water. They don't only have bottled water they also used filtered ice to keep the drinks cold. Remember a lot of vendors on the street selling bottled water are using tap water for ice. You do not want to be drinking out of bottled water, soda etc that's been chilled in ice made from tap water. It's just as bad as drinking tap water because all the bacteria is now on your bottle and being pregnant that's not a risk you want to take. Make sure the ice used to chill is filtered too.

Passion island is beautiful, we are going to Coz again in Oct and Dec and will probably go to PI again on our Dec trip. May have to take the twister over again with our girls, they haven't take a high speed boat ride like that before, it should be fun, Dh and loved it when we did it. Definitely not something you can do while you are pregnant but something fun to think about for later.

I definitely thought about ice and all for other drinks. I think I'll just stick to taking water with me. What about the buffet? Do you think that will be ok? Thanks for your help!

Yes at Passion island the buffet will be safe for you to eat. It's as safe as eating on board the ship. Be sure to walk around the island and check out the iguanas, you probably won't see them down on the beach but wander around back behind the buildings and up in the palms and they will be all over. They are use to people so you can just walk up by them (obviously don't touch lol). They are so cool and you can get some great pictures. But watch out for the stinging bee things they have, I don't know what they are but they like to attack your ankles and they hurt like heck, you will have spray on though so shouldn't have any problems with them.

Yes at Passion island the buffet will be safe for you to eat. It's as safe as eating on board the ship. Be sure to walk around the island and check out the iguanas, you probably won't see them down on the beach but wander around back behind the buildings and up in the palms and they will be all over. They are use to people so you can just walk up by them (obviously don't touch lol). They are so cool and you can get some great pictures. But watch out for the stinging bee things they have, I don't know what they are but they like to attack your ankles and they hurt like heck, you will have spray on though so shouldn't have any problems with them.

It's good to know they have bees or whatever since my DH is allergic! Thanks! Did you see them on the beach too?

It's good to know they have bees or whatever since my DH is allergic! Thanks! Did you see them on the beach too?

No they weren't on the beach at all, just back on the far side of the island, I was just wandering around over in the trees LOL They aren't like our honey bees and wasps and I don't think they have venom like bees do. I'm allergic to wasps but these didn't bother me other than just hurting think they are more like horse flies, they hurt bad I didn't have any swelling or reaction to them at all.

Honestly you are more concerned about water than Zika?

You can protect yourself with all of the deet in the world but with one bite you enter what if ?

I think cruising is fine, I've

Never spotted a mosquito onboard. Getting off the ship ., hmm.. It's a risk. A tiny one perhaps but a risk .

Safe travels for you and baby

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not normally one to lecture about this topic but I just can't believe, given what we do know, that any pregnant person would travel to any area with local transmission. I'm currently 22 weeks with #2 and you couldn't pay me to go.

Just read an article today about the woman from Honduras (I think) that just had her baby born somewhere up north. And the baby was infected with Zika and not only does she have microcephaly but she has digestive problems and something wrong with one of her eyes. Just not worth the risk imo of course.

No they weren't on the beach at all, just back on the far side of the island, I was just wandering around over in the trees LOL They aren't like our honey bees and wasps and I don't think they have venom like bees do. I'm allergic to wasps but these didn't bother me other than just hurting think they are more like horse flies, they hurt bad I didn't have any swelling or reaction to them at all.

Glad you didn't have a reaction!

Looks like maybe they were Tabanos which seems to be there version of a horse fly, just yellow instead of black like ours, since they were very persistent and mean, I had to get Dh to help get it away from my feet and I quickly retreated back to the beach.

Next time I'll use some bug spray before going. :o

We've enjoyed going to Passion Island a couple of times.

The buffet is actually rather good (way better than we'd expected) and quite safe to eat.

The water & ice served are purified ... no problems.

It's fine to take bottled water if you wish. The ship almost always has bottles of water you can buy as you are getting off the ship at ports of call.

Enjoy your day at Passion Island! :D