Celebrity and AT&T vs on board internet purchase

ASiuta

Has anyone used the AT&T package available for phone, text and data roaming that is available?

Looking to do this rather than book a package thru Celebrity directly and wondering whether It is worth it or not! Looking to do this today.

Thank you for any advice or insight!

Edited by ASiuta

I have not used the AT&T cruise package. I use ship Internet. Even though it's still a bit pricey it seems like a far better deal than AT&T, especially since Internet it's now high speed. You can use the wifi for calling, sending text messages and FaceTime.

Where and on what ship is your cruise.

I have not used the AT&T cruise package. I use ship Internet. Even though it's still a bit pricey it seems like a far better deal than AT&T, especially since Internet it's now high speed. You can use the wifi for calling, sending text messages and FaceTime.

Where and on what ship is your cruise.

Celebrity Silhouette Baltic Cruise.

Wow jealous. We are on that cruise in July 2017.

I'm not familiar with the Silhouette and its internet capability in the Baltics but it should be good. If Internet is a perk offered I think it's a better option then the cell at sea service.

We have used AT&T and Verizon packages on X ships before. Cell and Text service is fine, but the cell at sea signal is too weak to push data, so no email, internet, facebook, etc. Internet on the ship is log in log off if by the minute or you can opt for the pricey unlimited. Service speed is adequate for any purpose except video chat or video streaming. Slower than most land-based internet, but adequate for email, facebook, etc.

We have used AT&T and Verizon packages on X ships before. Cell and Text service is fine, but the cell at sea signal is too weak to push data, so no email, internet, facebook, etc. Internet on the ship is log in log off if by the minute or you can opt for the pricey unlimited. Service speed is adequate for any purpose except video chat or video streaming. Slower than most land-based internet, but adequate for email, facebook, etc.

Thank you for your response. Just want to check email a few times and have the ability to text. Really don't want to pay for internet service on the ship when we are only at sea two days out of twelve and should be able to get internet when in port if necessary. From your experience will we be able to check our email using AT&T? Thanks again!

Thank you for your response. Just want to check email a few times and have the ability to text. Really don't want to pay for internet service on the ship when we are only at sea two days out of twelve and should be able to get internet when in port if necessary. From your experience will we be able to check our email using AT&T? Thanks again!

I purchased the Cellular at Sea package through AT&T and I could never get on. It needs to line up with the satellite. I was told by an Apple Rep onboard that it is a 20% chance, so you have to try it a lot. Also, I had the premium unlimited wifi onboard for everything but the phone and it worked perfectly on the Millie and was great to have. i received a 30% discount and used my OBC. I used my regular pkg for AT&T in port around Alaska and it worked every time, so I was a happy camper. When in Europe I Always purchase the International everything package...just my personal experiences!

My apologies for being somewhat off topic but I am interested in being able to make phone calls while on the ship (Reflection) and read that you can use the Internet onboard with your phone (iPhone) to make wifi calls. How does one set that up on your phone?

My apologies for being somewhat off topic but I am interested in being able to make phone calls while on the ship (Reflection) and read that you can use the Internet onboard with your phone (iPhone) to make wifi calls. How does one set that up on your phone?

Settings>Phone>WiFi Calling>On