De Librije dining experience - on Koningsdam?

My & Mau

I would appreciate hearing from those of you who have cruised recently on the Koningsdam, and went to the De Librije dining experience in the Pinnacle Grill. We will be on the Koningsdam in November, and are very intrigued by this dining option.

Did you enjoy the experience? What did you like most about it? Did you feel that it was like a Michelin experience?

Thanks so much:)

Edited by Myra W. Darwish

I do not know where I read it, but some new menu items have been added just last week to the Librije menu.

And to put the price in perspective, the price you pay per person, is what an average course in the real Librije 3 star Michelin restaurant in Zwolle in Holland will set you back.

Just found this article this morning in the Dutch news (in English)

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2016/06/just-one-dutch-restaurant-in-world-list-of-50-best-places-to-eat/

I know it doesn't mean that the experience on the ship will be the same quality but does show that the original restaurant that it is based on is doing the right things.

• 2 weeks later...

We tried the De Librije on the Eurodam last November so my review might be a little out of date but I wanted to give you some of the details I recall.

The total cost was a bit high upfront but it included very generously poured wine with each course which I thought made the price quite reasonable. There were quite a few white wines and a sparkling to start. I think there was also a red. Thanks to the previously mentioned generous pours my memory is not the best.

Our menu was predominantly seafood; scallops, lobster, seared bass, and cod with shrimp. There were also choices of foie gras, pork belly and duck. Each course was excellently prepared and uniquely creative. I was very impressed with the presentation of each course. Some were more to my taste than others but I could still appreciate the quality of those that were not my particular favorites. I thought the portions were quite generous and had trouble finishing dessert but gave it a valiant effort.

Overall I thought it was a great experience and was very glad we tried it. Oh and big shout out to the Eurodam Pinnacle staff that did an incredible job on the service, they really made it a special evening.

Our experience last week was truly fantastic with great food with surprising flavours and good wines. I do have pictures but will post them in the next few days. We would definitely do this again without hesitation

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01L using Tapatalk

Starter - lobster tasted fantastic with the lobster hidden away.

b060679ffaf0de24189788a4918ac5b9.jpg

Pictures do not do justice to the food but best I could do with my phone

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I also have pictures of the other choices as my wife and I took 1 choice each from the menu so that we tried all the dishes (and wines :-) )

I need to get these on my phone and will post them later.

If you have any questions let me know

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Edited by aljo66

Thank you aljo66 for your pictures:

What a grand, gustatory experience!

From the Amuse Bouche, to the lobster, to the other delectables, then to the roasted white chocolate. Looks like a one-of-a-kind experience.

November can't come soon enough for us.;)