Spa

isleschick3

I want to purchase a couples massage for my husaband and I and was wondering if I could purchase this in advance or if I have to wait until we are on the ship? Does anyone know how expensive massages are on RCI?

I am engaged to a former Steiner (company that staffs and services the spas). Someone asked your same question a few weeks ago and I asked him. This is what he told me...maybe it can help some. He said that in all his time on a ship he never heard of people prebooking but can't say for sure that it isn't an option. He suggested you contact RCI's guest relations people, you can find phone numbers and email addresses in their website. The best tip he can give is to head to the Spa as soon as you board to get the best booking times.

There are price lists floating around on these boards, maybe do a board search for one. The prices are not much more than a typical land based spa. Ask about port day specials, sometimes they can be up to 50% off.

Also, some people complain that the spa staff pushes products at the end of the treatments. Don't be affraid just to say 'no thank you' if you are not interested, the staff are under a lot of pressure to sell.

it was $250+tip for a couple's massage.

The reason I know that is because my friend and I wanted to book something "short and sweet" in the spa while our DH's were playing basketball one afternoon. We decided on the "Traveller's Tension" package (for $69, I think). We asked if we could have them done together and they said, "no problem". We went into the locker room, put our robes on, went into the massage room, hopped up on the tables and got amazing massages. Afterwards, the massage therapist came into the locker room and said, "that will be $250, whose card should I put that on?" and we were like, "ahhhh...we made appointments for the "Traveller's Tension", check out the book". She did, and they were really pleasant about only charging us the $69 a piece. and yes, they did try to sell us each $300 worth of products, but were nice when we politely declined.

The Rasul Trement is around $99.00 now. This may be cheaper on a port day. Do book as soon as you board if possible as this will book up. This is a couple's message where you put soaps and muds on each other. This is done in a steam room. After there is some oils ect. Enjoy. Make sure that you book just the Rasul not the package or it will be around $300.00.

Archived