Carnival Australia

denny514

Hi

We are going on a cruise that is from Honolulu to Australia. I've heard no cheers program just wonder what else is different.

Does Legend have guys? Or blue iguana burritos?

Hi Denny We are on that cruise also. From Honolulu the cruise is classed as an Australian cruise. Will be AUS$ onboard. No cheers (they think Aussies will drink all the profits) Also from what I have read I dont think we are allowed to bring onboard a bottle of wine each. For us Aussies, gratuities have been included in our fare - not sure how they will work it for other nationalities, but I would think that as it had to be booked via Carnival Australia maybe everyone has it included in fare. This will be our first cruise on Legend so cant answer your other questions.

Rickays- we don't have to pay tipping either which will be very weird for us. This will be our second time on legend, since the last time it's been redone. So looking forward to this trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival Legend does not have Guy's or Blue Iguana. Does not have rum or tequila bar or Alchemy bar.

Cannot bring any alcohol on board if this is classified as an Australian cruise.

Gratuities are included in your fare, however, on our cruise this year i did find an extra cash tip for those you thought gave great service was appreciated.

Hope this helps. If there's anything else you'd like to know i sailed on her out of Sydney earlier this year so ask away.

:)

Yep they have the same Bottomless Bubbles program that all the ships have. I had that in Feb and didn't seem to have any problems using it either at the bar or by table service like i have seen some say here.

There is no screen out by the pool. They do show movies and such at certain times in the theater if that's what you are after. Check the Fun Times.

The Serenity area has a small pool and hot tub. Keep in mind being an Australian cruise it is 18+ instead of the American 21+. It can also get pretty crowded which from what i understand is pretty normal.

Hi

We are going on a cruise that is from Honolulu to Australia. I've heard no cheers program just wonder what else is different.

Does Legend have guys? Or blue iguana burritos?

Hi Denny We are on that cruise also. From Honolulu the cruise is classed as an Australian cruise. Will be AUS$ onboard. No cheers (they think Aussies will drink all the profits) Also from what I have read I dont think we are allowed to bring onboard a bottle of wine each. For us Aussies, gratuities have been included in our fare - not sure how they will work it for other nationalities, but I would think that as it had to be booked via Carnival Australia maybe everyone has it included in fare. This will be our first cruise on Legend so cant answer your other questions.

I've been researching Oz and NZ since we're going there this winter for several weeks each. Tipping is not required, nor expected, in fact, in some cases it is consider rude.

Despite living in NY, the tipping capitol of the world, we will plan not to ruffle sensibilities - when in Rome, do as the Romans do.......

Yep they have the same Bottomless Bubbles program that all the ships have. I had that in Feb and didn't seem to have any problems using it either at the bar or by table service like i have seen some say here.

There is no screen out by the pool. They do show movies and such at certain times in the theater if that's what you are after. Check the Fun Times.

The Serenity area has a small pool and hot tub. Keep in mind being an Australian cruise it is 18+ instead of the American 21+. It can also get pretty crowded which from what i understand is pretty normal.

Good to know thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
Carnival Legend does not have Guy's or Blue Iguana. Does not have rum or tequila bar or Alchemy bar.

Cannot bring any alcohol on board if this is classified as an Australian cruise.

Gratuities are included in your fare, however, on our cruise this year i did find an extra cash tip for those you thought gave great service was appreciated.

Hope this helps. If there's anything else you'd like to know i sailed on her out of Sydney earlier this year so ask away.

:)

What ports did you see?? wondering about excursions .....

What ports did you see?? wondering about excursions .....

You might want to check out the Roll Call for good private excursion ideas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315966

I took the Spirit repo over to Oz in 2012, and the Legend repo in 2014. One thing, not to be missed in Bora Bora is the Maohi Nui, Lagoon Tour and Snorkeling with lunch. Probably THE BEST excursion I have ever taken in 35+ years of cruising. It fills up very quickly (usually from the Roll Call), so either check there or contact them yourself.