Pride

Not real sure about that. I can tell you that you can purchase a ticket at the shore excursion desk that provides you with round trip to the beach, the pier, the village and one other place to visit and the name escapes me. They give you the bus times that are all through out the day but I don't remember the times, something like 30 mins to an hr in between. We use these buses each time we go. We usually only hit the beach and then the pier and then back to the ship. If weather is good we spend about 2hrs on the beach, grab a bite close by, hit Ron Jons, take the little jitney thing to the pier and then back to the bus area at the beach. Not a bad deal for the day.

I have emailed Port Authority at Port Canaveral,because there is a public bus in that area, they will not allow it to make stops for passengers. The port is active with commercial vehicles,they don't want any pedestrians walking around.

I'm frugal so here is the best way to get to Cocoa Beach $ 12.00 round trip. Go out the exit from the ship,walk straight ahead under the overpass, there is a stand with a woman who asks where you want to go? It is a van service that goes to Walmart and the beach. You get a return trip ticket,vans hold about 12-15 people. Remember where you are left off,then go back there to return to the ship. Go one way to the beach, go the opposite to shop at CVS,Walgreens and souvenir shops. Driver will help you with directions. Taking the ship excursion is almost the same except you are left off in a nearby different location. Hope this helps

For us, the cheapest option was to rent a car. There was 8 of us and we rented a 15-passenger van for $120 for the day. Smaller cars could be rented for the day for a lot less. This gave us flexibility and allowed us to go the the beach, the surf shop and to stop at a discount store to pick up some things that we forgot.

There is a free shuttle that takes you from the pier to the car rental place.

Off the Pride a month ago....

Carnival has an unlisted Cocoa beach excursion that they announce over the intercom the day before. Its a shuttle bus from the cruise port to the beach thats behind Ron Jons store. Cant remember how much it was, but it was cheap.. $15,$20 maybe? Me and my GF ended up renting a car(I had hertz points to use) but went to the same beach. Thinking about it, it would have been much easier just to take the Carnival shuttle over there.

At the beach, no need to bring food or drinks or water.. There are tons restaurants in walking distance and a 7-11 right at the beach. There is also a walgreens semi close by if you forgot to pack any goodies. At the beach there is an umbrella/chair rental. For $30 you can get 2 chairs and an umbrella for the day.

Hope this helps

We took a cab from port to Cocoa Beach - there was a whole row of cabs just waiting as the guests came out of the terminal - we had to pay a round trip fare. The cab we went in was over-crowded and had no a/c - luckily the ride was only about 10 minutes.

For the ride back, we went to a designated spot to be picked up (near Ron Jons) it was a newer cab (mini-van) and it had a/c plus he didn't wait too long to fill, and it was a quick ride back.

I can't remember how much it cost - but it was reasonable.. :D

We took a cab from port to Cocoa Beach - there was a whole row of cabs just waiting as the guests came out of the terminal - we had to pay a round trip fare. The cab we went in was over-crowded and had no a/c - luckily the ride was only about 10 minutes.

For the ride back, we went to a designated spot to be picked up (near Ron Jons) it was a newer cab (mini-van) and it had a/c plus he didn't wait too long to fill, and it was a quick ride back.

I can't remember how much it cost - but it was reasonable.. :D

DH and I used the mini van too when we went to Coca Beach.

This was maybe 3 years ago. Pretty sure it was $6.00 pp round trip.