Tours During Mardi Gras

cormike1

Are a lot of the guided tours cancelled during Mardi Gras. I was interested in a home tour in certain areas of NO but wondered if they would have them if some of the areas had parades close by.

Thanks for your help.

It is hard to say but many of the historic homes are in the Garden District/Uptown. It would be completely impractical to do a home tour during the time. Maybe if you wanted to a Plantation tour in Destrehan you would be fine but if you are in NOLA during the two weekends prior to Mardi Gras you would be hard pressed to find a tour that could operate normally. Also if a homeowner has a nearby parade central home they are most likely hosting friends and family for parade pee stops.:D

Check with the tour operators. There are night parades on St. Charles during the week before Mardi Gras, so morning tours should be OK. The parades on the Saturday and Sunday before Mardi Gras are pretty much wall-to-wall.

Thank you to both of you for answering my question. I thought it might be hard finding a tour within the city at that time. Our ship comes in on Sunday around 6 and we sail out on Tuesday night around 10 so we will get to see a lot around town while we are there. It is going to be amazing!