Adventure June 4 Review - LOTS of port pics

I loved San Juan and will be going back in October to leave on a cruise. Your pictures are first class...all of them! One thing I didn't see in your San Juan pictures...cats. I guess I am a crazy cat lady (5 cats) and I like the San Juan cats and I like that they are taken care of even though they are "feral". They didn't seem feral at all to me. They seemed fairly tame. :)

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am doing the same itinerary in January and was taking notes!

One question, are any of the ports just walkable to town? I've been in St. Marteen and know you can just water taxi to town. Do the rest require taxis/busses?

BTW, you have beautiful daughters!!

:-) Carolyn

:p

Thanks so much for the info on the menu at Carambola. If they have burgers and fries, we should be good to go then, especially if the pricing is about the same as Shipwreck. I do think people have reported it's $10 an item at Carmbola (for 2 chairs and umbrella would be $30 @ $10 each item). So, we'll see. No biggie, just wondering. People have said free chairs at Shipwreck, I just don't know if it's "worth" saving the money.

I know that they say there's good snorkeling to the "left" of Shipwreck when facing the water. Do you know if the snorkeling is good over by Carambola?

Thanks again for your time and awesome review with pictures. I loved it!

I haven't been to The Boatyard so I can't really compare it to Harbour Lights. From The Boatyard's web site, it seems to have a little more of a party atmosphere. I'd definitely check the Barbados Board to get input from someone who has been to both places.

$50 is steep for chairs at the resort in St. Lucia. That would explain why there weren't many people using the chairs. Doesn't surprise me as it seems like a high end resort. If you want to get the free chairs on the end of Sugar Beach, I'd definitely find someone who can get you there quickly and first thing after docking. There were plenty of people just laying on towels on the sand between the free chairs and the resort chairs...if that works for you.

I think I saw people snorkeling at Carambola Beach, but we didn't make it into the water. When you're standing on the beach facing the water, there's a little cove to the right. Might be a good place to snorkel.

I loved San Juan and will be going back in October to leave on a cruise. Your pictures are first class...all of them! One thing I didn't see in your San Juan pictures...cats. I guess I am a crazy cat lady (5 cats) and I like the San Juan cats and I like that they are taken care of even though they are "feral". They didn't seem feral at all to me. They seemed fairly tame. :)

I've heard several people talk about the number of feral cats in San Juan. We either didn't see many cats, or didn't notice them.

I've heard several people talk about the number of feral cats in San Juan. We either didn't see many cats, or didn't notice them.

I've seen more iguanas there than cats.

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am doing the same itinerary in January and was taking notes!

One question, are any of the ports just walkable to town? I've been in St. Marteen and know you can just water taxi to town. Do the rest require taxis/busses?

BTW, you have beautiful daughters!!

:-) Carolyn

All of the islands had some form of shopping right by the pier...the typical stuff. St. Kitts and Antigua essentially docked right in town. Very short walk to many different things. St. Lucia and Barbados are both walkable to town, but it's a bit of a hike. The cruise dock in Castries is on a little peninsula so you'd need to walk around a bay to get to the downtown area. Probably about a mile walk. Bridgetown in Barbados is a city so depending on where you want to go, I'd consider a taxi. Things closer to the cruise terminal though are definitely walkable. It's about a 1.5 mile walk to The Boatyard beach club.

Will the cats come up to you for affection ? If so how do we find them ?

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your reports and photos, DW and I will be visiting SJ, St Maarten, and St Kitts, this November and the tour information you provided will be very helpful.

Thank you for the amazing pictures and review, bobmacliberty! We will be going on Adventure of the Seas after dry dock, so very much looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this very detailed review. My husband and I leave this Thursday for San Juan and are doing this itinerary starting Saturday. This is our first cruise! The amount of information coming at me is overwhelming and I enjoyed "going along with you" and seeing photos of some examples on the islands.

On a side note, assuming that you're a Cavs fan, congratulations. The first one is always special.