Splash Academy

NesiMarie

Hi all, I know that children over 10 can be given the privilege of signing themselves out of splash academy, however I'm not clear on whether they still need a parent to sign them in every time. Anyone with experience in this?

Hi all, I know that children over 10 can be given the privilege of signing themselves out of splash academy, however I'm not clear on whether they still need a parent to sign them in every time. Anyone with experience in this?

You have to have a parent sign them in and then they can sign themselves out after two hours.

The answer is Yes and No. Sometimes they can sign themselves in, sometimes they can't. We found it a bit frustrating. Apparently, if you're still in port, a parent has to sign them in (even if you've stayed past your scheduled port departure). When you're at sea, they can sign themselves in.

Also keep in mind that they must be there for 2 hours before they can sign themselves out, unless they sign in less than 2 hours before the session ends, in which case they will be dismissed at the end of the session. (And there are frequent periods throughout the day in which Splash Academy is closed.)

The answer is Yes and No. Sometimes they can sign themselves in, sometimes they can't. We found it a bit frustrating. Apparently, if you're still in port, a parent has to sign them in (even if you've stayed past your scheduled port departure). When you're at sea, they can sign themselves in.

Also keep in mind that they must be there for 2 hours before they can sign themselves out, unless they sign in less than 2 hours before the session ends, in which case they will be dismissed at the end of the session. (And there are frequent periods throughout the day in which Splash Academy is closed.)

They never stopped my son from signing himself in or out on either Epic or Getaway while we were in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They never stopped my son from signing himself in or out on either Epic or Getaway while we were in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We sailed three weeks ago on the Sun. First time we'd run in to this. Makes me wonder whether it's just that ship or a new policy. We talked to another family that was surprised by it as well.