Infinity out of Vancouver exact route?

RoxiRoo

Hello All,

How can I find out the exact or close to exact route the Infinity will take from Vancouver for a northbound Hubbard Glacier cruise? We are booked in September, and I am just curious about the route and what we will see.

Leave Vancouver

day 1 cruise inside passage

day 2 ISP

day 3 Hubbard

day 4 Juneau

day 5 Ketchikan

day 6 cruising

day 7 return to Vancouver

Thank you for any assistance!

Putterdude is spot on with knowing the exact route.

That said, most likely you will sail up the west or leeward side of Vancouver Island. That will be followed by open ocean to Barnoff island where you will have a direct shot to ISP. If seas/winds are too bad, ships have been known to duck in around Prince Rupert BC for shelter.

After ISP you will again have open ocean to Hubbard Glacier and then you will most likely come back the same way you came - sailing past ISP and on to Juneau - mostly in protected waters of the inside passage.

Juneau to Ketchikan you will go back down the main passage towards Barnoff Island and loop around Dall island and up into Ketchikan.

From Ketchikan you wil go back towards Prince Rupart and back to Vancouver the way you came.

Based on port times:

Leave Vancouver at 16:30 Sun

Monday will be a combination of open ocean and some inside passage into ISP.

ISP: (Tue) 1500-22:00 - travel to Hubbard will be at night (esp in Sept)

Hubbard back to Juneau will also be at night

Juneau (Thur) 07:30-22:00 (nice amount of port time - but it will be dark by 9:00)

Juneau to Ketchikan - seems like a lot of time however it does take about 4hrs to go from Juneau to the ocean. So you will wake up and be able to see some of the passage into Ketchikan.

Ketchikan (Fri) 1400-20:00

Saturday you might be able to see part of the passage through Johnstone Strait and the Seymor Narrows - however it will be getting dark.

Travel from there to Vancouver will be at night.

YMMV :D

Edited by bonvoyagie

Thank you all for the information! I totally expect that routes can change, weather dependent.... I was just trying to get a little bit of an idea what to expect. I hope it is still light enough out for us to see as we go through Seymour Narrows. :)

Really looking forward to this cruise, now I can study even harder!

Thank you all for the information! I totally expect that routes can change, weather dependent.... I was just trying to get a little bit of an idea what to expect. I hope it is still light enough out for us to see as we go through Seymour Narrows. :)

Really looking forward to this cruise, now I can study even harder!

Looking at the tides, currents and daylight hours in September you will not go thru Seymour Narrows in daylight northbound. However, southbound you should go thru the Narrow in late afternoon and will have lots of daylight to enjoy this spectacular passage.

Looking at the tides, currents and daylight hours in September you will not go thru Seymour Narrows in daylight northbound. However, southbound you should go thru the Narrow in late afternoon and will have lots of daylight to enjoy this spectacular passage.

Thank you Putterdude!

Putterdude is spot on with knowing the exact route.

That said, most likely you will sail up the west or leeward side of Vancouver Island. That will be followed by open ocean to Barnoff island where you will have a direct shot to ISP. If seas/winds are too bad, ships have been known to duck in around Prince Rupert BC for shelter.

After ISP you will again have open ocean to Hubbard Glacier and then you will most likely come back the same way you came - sailing past ISP and on to Juneau - mostly in protected waters of the inside passage.

Juneau to Ketchikan you will go back down the main passage towards Barnoff Island and loop around Dall island and up into Ketchikan.

From Ketchikan you wil go back towards Prince Rupart and back to Vancouver the way you came.

Based on port times:

Leave Vancouver at 16:30 Sun

Monday will be a combination of open ocean and some inside passage into ISP.

ISP: (Tue) 1500-22:00 - travel to Hubbard will be at night (esp in Sept)

Hubbard back to Juneau will also be at night

Juneau (Thur) 07:30-22:00 (nice amount of port time - but it will be dark by 9:00)

Juneau to Ketchikan - seems like a lot of time however it does take about 4hrs to go from Juneau to the ocean. So you will wake up and be able to see some of the passage into Ketchikan.

Ketchikan (Fri) 1400-20:00

Saturday you might be able to see part of the passage through Johnstone Strait and the Seymor Narrows - however it will be getting dark.

Travel from there to Vancouver will be at night.

YMMV :D

Excellent information! You guys are so awesome!