Golden mini-suites

Genessa

I'm having trouble doing a search...keep getting a blank page.

We've sailed on the "old" Sea, the Dawn, and the Coral, but I'm looking at a cruise in March on the Golden.

I was thinking of a mini-suite, but definitely want a fully covered balcony.

I saw from another post that Emerald is covered, but we usually like being higher up - Aloha is our favorite deck, but I don't see any mini-suites.

I saw, too, that Caribe is half and half - is the Golden a staggered deck plan like the Coral?

thanks for any help.

We sailed on the Golden from London to NYC last month and had a mini on the Dolphin deck. The only mini's on the Golden are on Dolphin (which are totally uncovered balconies) and a few mini's on the Emerald which are located aft and are covered. No mini's on Aloha.

We LOVED our uncovered balcony and trust me, I am big on privacy but we never felt uncomfortable with others looking down at us. In fact, we rarely saw others above us out on their balconies. If you want the feel of a covered balcony, sit on your sofa and open your sliding glass door. It's just like being on a "covered" balcony.

Good luck!

We sailed on the Golden from London to NYC last month and had a mini on the Dolphin deck. The only mini's on the Golden are on Dolphin (which are totally uncovered balconies) and a few mini's on the Emerald which are located aft and are covered. No mini's on Aloha.

We LOVED our uncovered balcony and trust me, I am big on privacy but we never felt uncomfortable with others looking down at us. In fact, we rarely saw others above us out on their balconies. If you want the feel of a covered balcony, sit on your sofa and open your sliding glass door. It's just like being on a "covered" balcony.

Good luck!

thanks for your help. If we do this cruise, I have a feeling it'll be in a "regular" balcony cabin. I liked the half covered/half uncovered balcony we had on the Coral, but dh didn't even like being half uncovered.

Since this is kind of "last-minute" for us, I didn't find any of the aft mini's on the Emerald left and he would not be happy with an uncovered balcony. He loves the sea and I have trouble sometimes getting him to leave the balcony.

We were on the Golden in January and loved our Dolphin mini-suite. We never felt like people were staring down on us on the balcony or that we didnt have any privacy. Enjoy your cruise.

Karen,

I totally believe you, but my dh is something of a lunatic. He hated our Caribe balcony on the Coral Princess because WE could see other people. Not that we stared or even did more than glance as our eyes were adjusting to seeing "over" others, but it really bothered him to the point that he didn't like standing at our railing. He'll normally spend at least an hour in the afternoon (at sea) just standing at the balcony railing with binoculars and loves watching us pull into and out of ports.

We were in a mini on the Golden, one of the aft, handicapped suites, and it was wonderful except for the half exposed part that you get on the Dolphin deck. I felt like I was on display sitting on the balcony.

Otherwise it was delightful

Archived