Taking Toddler to the Baths?

kristinjpw

Hi There,

In January my family and I will be cruising on the Norwegian Escape and visiting Tortola. Our son will have just turned 3 at the time. From others who have traveled to the Baths with children, do you think it is an OK place for a 3 year old?

Thanks in advance!

My son is almost 3....I wouldnt personally do it. Too many hazards, things to slip and trip on and of course the oceans tides. This port is the one where the babysitter on the ship comes in handy :D Baths are amazing but I dont think many would enjoy them with a toddler in tow.

We don't have toddlers so didn't want to reply but we tend to agree that it could be a long day for a 3 yr old (and for you). Having said that, some folks have done it and enjoyed the day. Some will go down the path that you normally take back to the top, go partway through the grottos, and back up that path. That way you can experience some of the Baths and also a nice beach.

Alternatively, Tortola is a gorgeous island and offers beautiful beaches and views from up high if that sounds more appropriate after you read the different threads.

Good luck!:)

You'll find drivers at the pier offering island tours at very reasonable prices. Nice way to see Tortola with stops for photo ops and lunch at Cane Garden Bay and a stop in the rum distillery, perhaps. These are open-sided safari taxis, you can also hire a private taxi if you don't feel the Safari taxi is safe for the 3 yr old.

Or you can just taxi to one of the beaches and have a nice day, you'll find descriptions here -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1877491