Coastal kitchen with non-suite companions?

I am glad that this was brought up. I am sailing on the Harmony this Oct with my mother in a Junior Suite. I am a Diamond member & she is not. Just curious if Junior Suites are not included in Coastal Kitchen. Reason I am asking is because I have tried to book dinner in CK in the Vacation Planner & it says that I cannot because 1 or 2 guests are not eligible? Is this because we are in a Junior Suite & they are not considered "full" suites? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I am glad that this was brought up. I am sailing on the Harmony this Oct with my mother in a Junior Suite. I am a Diamond member & she is not. Just curious if Junior Suites are not included in Coastal Kitchen. Reason I am asking is because I have tried to book dinner in CK in the Vacation Planner & it says that I cannot because 1 or 2 guests are not eligible? Is this because we are in a Junior Suite & they are not considered "full" suites? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Junior Suites are included and I have read nothing about a pecking order between PC, Star, Sky, and Sea Class.

I would imagine Star Class Genies probably have some pull.

Thanks for the information. The message that I receive is: "We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or 1 or more of your selected guest do not meet the minimum requires. Please check onboard" Not sure what this means, like I said, we are in a Junior Suite. Might have to call RCCL to see. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the information. The message that I receive is: "We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or 1 or more of your selected guest do not meet the minimum requires. Please check onboard" Not sure what this means, like I said, we are in a Junior Suite. Might have to call RCCL to see. Thanks for the info.

I would call as soon as possible, it's only going to get more crowded

Thanks! I just called RCCL & the individual looked it up & said that CK is only available for Grand Suites & above. :( She did say that it will be available for Junior Suites once onboard only if there is availability. She said to check onboard. At least the mystery has been solved. :)

I would call as soon as possible, it's only going to get more crowded

Thanks! I just called RCCL & the individual looked it up & said that CK is only available for Grand Suites & above. :( She did say that it will be available for Junior Suites once onboard only if there is availability. She said to check onboard. At least the mystery has been solved. :)

That would be the first time I've heard that since Royal Suite Class went live in May. I'd call again for confirmation. Then I would escalate. It's pretty clear that Sea Class is entitled to eat dinner in CK.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea

ROYAL SEA CLASS (Junior Suites)

You’ll rest and recharge between adventures in a spacious suite where every detail has been carefully considered with you in mind. From luxury pillow top mattresses to bath

amenities selected to make you feel at home. The indulgence extends beyond your room with evening dining at the suites-only Coastal Kitchen.

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Savor a fresh new fusion of Mediterranean-inspired flavors and California cuisine with complimentary evening dining at this suites-only restaurant.

Edited by John&LaLa

Junior Suites are included and I have read nothing about a pecking order between PC, Star, Sky, and Sea Class.

I would imagine Star Class Genies probably have some pull.

ImageUploadedByForums1469558307.685653.jpg.1364050c3cba0d104a1c571595f8437c.jpg

This is the pecking order, at least for boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[ATTACH]390866[/ATTACH]

Interesting, thanks

I'm hoping to get all my Fall 2017 dining reservations lined up when we are onboard in May. ;)

Just curious, how far in advance to dining reservations open up on Oasis?

Edited by John&LaLa

We were told if the suites are full then there are no seats for anyone, including junior suites, in CK. We asked last year and friends were not allowed to join us as the suites were full.

Royal Suite Class did not exist last year. It is now a published benefit.

Really don't understand 'if the suites are full'

The suites are always full. Weather or not they want to dine is a variable and the amount of PC reservations is a variable.

Edited by John&LaLa

[ATTACH]390866[/ATTACH]

What do you mean pecking order? I think that is just a list not an ordinal sign. Star class don't even use that line.

Just curious, how far in advance to dining reservations open up on Oasis?

Our sailing October 29th has not opened up yet, we are 94 days out. I'm hoping at the 90 day mark we will see something. Everything else is open in the cruise planner.

Royal Suite Class did not exist last year. It is now a published benefit.

Really don't understand 'if the suites are full'

The suites are always full. Weather or not they want to dine is a variable and the amount of PC reservations is a variable.

Maybe 'if the suites are full' means that they will have to admit non-eligible diners on a case by case basis. But who knows what they mean.

When the CK booking times are full/nothing showing as available, a message comes up that says, as someone posted, "We're sorry, this restaurant is not available during this meal time or 1 or more of your selected guest do not meet the minimum requires. Please check onboard"

I was able to book our two cabins (JS) for our dining times right when dining opened, at the end of May for Aug cruise (initially I booked other dining too, but changed over to all CK when reviews were good). Later on, there didn't seem to be a large selection of times (I remember seeing 6:45 and 8:45, but this was a couple weeks after dining opened so maybe there was more as soon as it opened). After a few weeks, there were no available times to book. I have been checking since, and nothing has opened. Maybe because I am booking 5 people. Every time I check now, I get the above message (I do have bookings for all 5 nights. I was trying to get an earlier time for one night).

I am guessing that people in JS (and above) who are getting this message are getting it because CK is fully booked, and not because they are in a JS vs GS. You would also get this message if 1 person in your party is not a P, or JS & above, even if there is availability. To check, try booking only the eligible people in your party. I am also going to try to get an earlier reservation for one night once I am onboard, but I will not be surprised if they tell me, 'no'.

This is for Anthem and I do not know if Oasis does things differently. They shouldn't, but we all know how that goes...

Edited by marci22

When did your dining actually open, and when did you try making reservations? My experience was that CK filled up very quickly.

Most all of the dining filled up quickly on my Anthem cruise planner. There were 8:45pm Silks, 9pm at other places, available for a bit. Some very early (5:30pm) Jaime's and Solarium Bistro. The dining plans filled up last. If you waited to book only a few weeks after dining opened, there was much less selection, and the prime dining times (6:30/6:45/7) were gone.

Edited by marci22

For my cruise in sept on oasis Ck doesn't show up as a dining option. Is this normal? How do I make reservations otherwise for the Ck? Why are sky class on this trip.

I would say it is not 'normal'? When did dining open?

I would call them directly and ask about it.

For my cruise in sept on oasis Ck doesn't show up as a dining option. Is this normal? How do I make reservations otherwise for the Ck? Why are sky class on this trip.

I am on the Oasis in October (8-15), also in Sky class. Dining reservations opened up on May 14th for most venues on this cruise. However as of today CK is not an option in my Cruise Planner.

I am on the Oasis in October (8-15), also in Sky class. Dining reservations opened up on May 14th for most venues on this cruise. However as of today CK is not an option in my Cruise Planner.

Was it originally an option?

We have 7 future Oasis cruises booked. Including our 08/27/2016 cruise none of them allowed us to book Coastal Kitchen reservations. However for our 04/22/2017 cruise on the Harmony we were able to make our Coastal Kitchen reservations for dinner every night.

We are also on the Oasis sailing 10/15/2016. Will make our reservations when we receive an e-mail from the concierge.