Prince Rupert question

Izzy'sMoms

What kind of morning weather can I expect in Prince Rupert in early August? I have a morning kayak expedition booked and I am concerned that it might be too foggy, rainy, chilly? Yes, I know that PC is in BC but it is a port on my Alaskan cruise

Edited by Izzy'sMoms

What kind of morning weather can I expect in Prince Rupert in early August? I have a morning kayak expedition booked and I am concerned that it might be too foggy' date=' rainy, chilly? Yes, I know that PC is in BC but it is a port on my Alaskan cruise��[/quote']

Prince Rupert usually nice in August. Prince Rupert is known for it's rain , so be prepared for any type weather.

What kind of morning weather can I expect in Prince Rupert in early August? I have a morning kayak expedition booked and I am concerned that it might be too foggy' date=' rainy, chilly? Yes, I know that PC is in BC but it is a port on my Alaskan cruise[/quote']

Prince Rupert's weather is a lot like s/e Alaska, very hard to predict. I would expect temps in the mid 50's to very low 70's and would go anticipating rain and some fog particularly in the morning and if it is better than that I would leave very pleased. I have visited Prince Rupert more than 40 times in every month of the year and can only remember a few times when we didn't have some rain.

At Juneau at beginning of June and wore heavier windbreaker as it was drizzle most of the day.

For our land/cruise trip I took heavier and lighter windbreakers. Only wore heavier one in Juneau and Glacier Bay.

I was in Prince Rupert for 3 days on a trip. It rained all day for all 3 days. I will say that the grass and flowers were well watered and looked great. Also, it does not mean that it will rain for your one day in Prince Rupert although statistically it probably will..

I pulled up this report for the month of August.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/CYPR/2015/8/6/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=Prince%20Rupert&req_state=BC&req_statename=British%20Columbia&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=71022

Looks like you can expect some rain or fog almost every day in August with a total August precipitation of 4.36 inches. Bring your wet weather gear for kayaking.

DON