Golden - Assigned Dining

rinshin

Can you please tell me which dining room is used for assigned dining and any comments pro and con on this dining room? I read in one of the reviews that this dining room is very noisy. Is it? This is our first on Princess with personal choice dining options and we opted for assigned dining. Thank you!

I don't remember the name - but it is the aft dining room on Deck 6.

I just returned from the Golden and yes, the dining room appeared loud at first but then it didn't later. Not sure if we just adjusted to the sound or if it got quieter.

It is the Canaletto Dining Room.

The cons of this dining room is that only 2 aft elevators will get you there (elevators on far ends) and that there are no bathrooms down on Deck 6. You must go up to Deck 7. Otherwise, the dining room is fine - once you find it the first day.

i think that dining room is a bit smaller, but same decor and food. i felt the personal service and food were better in the assigned dining than in the personal choice but there are pros and cons to both.

I can understand your statement that service is better in the assigned dining room (matter of opinion), but how can the food be "better" when you said the food is the "same"?????

sorry i meant the same menu but i feel it's maybe warmer and fresher than in the personal choice? i'm not complaining about it i really enjoy both, i just noticed a difference the last two cruises when they gave me traditional dining...i also really lucked out with my waitress and tablemates...

Archived