Princess Newcomer with Questions

dznymom

Surprised to hear that.

On every Princess cruise we have been on, the Anytime and the Traditional dining rooms have always asked to see the cruise card the first evening.

And I have seen them asking on the second evening at the Anytime entrance.

The hostesses or maitre' d only ask us for our cabin # then write it down on a piece of paper.

Carnival has anytime dining down. They ask for your cabin # and enter it right away into the computer to verify your dining time. Also, they do not allow anyone from traditional dining to eat at anytime dining. If those people miss their dining time, they are sent to the buffet.

On every Princess cruise we have been on, the Anytime and the Traditional dining rooms have always asked to see the cruise card the first evening.

And I have seen them asking on the second evening at the Anytime entrance.

We have done Anytime Dining on every one of our Princess cruises. The card checking is just as inconsistent as making reservations in AT. We've been checked every night, or not at all, or some nights but not others. You never know what you will get. On our most recent cruise, they checked our cards on the second evening. I remarked to the guy sitting at the table next to us how I was glad they're checking cards on this cruise. He didn't know what I was talking about. They never checked his card at the door. On the same evening ... in the same dining room.

Just to confirm, these coffee drinks and the brewed coffee are only available at the International Cafe on Deck 5, correct? Is there a long line in the morning?

You can ask your waiter at dinner to get you one of the specialty coffees and then use a punch on the card. I don't know about the fresh brewed coffee in that instance. I haven't tried to order it in the dining room. Yes, there can be a line at the IC in the morning, but I think it depends on the ship and the itinerary. I've seen mornings where there was no line at all. Usually, the line moves fairly fast anyway.