Wheelchair accessible vans?

I do not recall seeing any with a lift, however there are a few with a ramp. We have also used a regular van where the driver lifted our scooters into the vehicle and assisted my friend into the vehicle. I do believe that the drivers tack on $5 to the posted rate for the accessibility. When you exit the terminal, just ask the person directing taxis for a wheelchair accessible vehicle. You might have a short wait.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

I do not recall seeing any with a lift, however there are a few with a ramp. We have also used a regular van where the driver lifted our scooters into the vehicle and assisted my friend into the vehicle. I do believe that the drivers tack on $5 to the posted rate for the accessibility. When you exit the terminal, just ask the person directing taxis for a wheelchair accessible vehicle. You might have a short wait.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

This was our experience in Cozumel.

Does anyone know if there are any wheelchair accessible taxis in Cozumel and Roatan? TIA

John

Cozumel has only 2 wheelchair accessible vans with ramps . However with 5- 6ships in port at a time the odds of getting one of the accessible vans is highly questionable unless you're on the first ship to arrive and the first at the taxi stand.

If you're able to transfer than as previously posted the drivers will do their best to try to accommodate the wheelchair.