Logistic help for a quick trip

wildwanderer

Hello everyone,

I need some help I am considering taking the Triumph out of NOLA September 12th and for the first time we will be flying into New Orleans. I have no idea what the best set up is whether we should stay in an airport hotel or take a cab to the riverside (probably my preference) or if it will just be ridiculous to take a cab to hotel then to port then back to hotel then to airport.

Those of you who normally fly into New Orleans what do you recommend, is their a hotel with an airport shuttle and a port shuttle?

We do not plan on doing anything in town this time around if that helps anyone with advice.

Thanks alot - Thea

Hi,

We just planned our own trip for December, also flying in.

Only airport hotels have shuttles from the airport to those hotels but not to the port.

The hotels in town near the port don't have shuttles to the port or to the airport except for the Hampton Inn which does have a port shuttle but may be more expensive than you'd like to pay.

There is a whole thread on here about using Hotwire to ge the Hilton Riverside which may work for you?

I understand that some folks walk from that hotel to the port if they don't have too much luggage.

Otherwise you'll need a taxi or uber car to get there.

Hello everyone,

I need some help I am considering taking the Triumph out of NOLA September 12th and for the first time we will be flying into New Orleans. I have no idea what the best set up is whether we should stay in an airport hotel or take a cab to the riverside (probably my preference) or if it will just be ridiculous to take a cab to hotel then to port then back to hotel then to airport.

Those of you who normally fly into New Orleans what do you recommend, is their a hotel with an airport shuttle and a port shuttle?

We do not plan on doing anything in town this time around if that helps anyone with advice.

Thanks alot - Thea

I think your options are either stay at an airport hotel with a free shuttle from the airport. Then take a cab directly to the port in the morning...Or take a cab from the airport to a hotel near the port and either walk to the port or take a cab the next day.

As long as you are fine with not doing anything on Sunday, an airport hotel would be fine for you. You'd save a little money on the hotel and you could take the cab directly to the port so you wouldn't have to worry about walking or taking a second cab the next day.

If you want some options for sunday, I'd stay near the port. Hilton Riverside is the most popular hotel for cruisers. They have a great seafood restaurant downstairs. They are connected to the riverwalk mall where you can shop, eat, go outside and look at the ships. That's also where people walk to get to the port.

You may also want to keep in mind that Sunday is the Saints home opener. Downtown is going to be loaded. Everything will be back to normal by Monday morning if you want to avoid that.

I book my hotels on hotwire...for that night staying out by the airport would be $72-82. Hilton Riverside would be $88.

Oh and you have good taste in cruises :D

Edited by Saint Greg