Older Next Cruise Certificate

Call them if it doesn't say on the certificate. The goodies have since changed and you'd be entitled to what they were when you booked, not the current offers.

Gosh, I wish I still had some of those!!

I used my last two vintage NCC on our August Alaska cruises. Will certainly miss those.

They were generous with the OBC, and could book on my own time when I was ready.

Now we book on the ships, but timing is not always right. :(

I bet you stocked up. I wish I had. I used to keep 3-5 on hand at all times.

All gone now...drats. :(

Ours are all gone now too.

Wish I had some from 2008 when we could get price drops up to 3 days before the cruise, and combine the shareholder benefit.

I still have 3 of the older certificates - didn't realize people were having problems getting the perks promised upon purchase! :eek: Guess I better use these sooner rather than later.

From talking to royal about this because we applied an older one to a cruise later this year they have taken all of them out, the outstanding ones, and placed them in their own file, a grandfathered file in their system. I don't remember the cutoff date when things changed but if you call to use one have your info, it will be in that file. Made using it with the full force of the perks very easy

A few years ago I was trying to book another cruise, and when talking to CS on the

phone, she reminded me I still had one open NCC. I said "really?"....dug around in

my file and found it. :)

Apparently they do indeed keep a file of those for you. She helped me a lot there!

Ours are all gone now too.

Wish I had some from 2008 when we could get price drops up to 3 days before the cruise, and combine the shareholder benefit.

Those are the ones I was thinking about. I don't know if you had one if they would still honor that or not. I thought I had read on here about someone that tried and did not have much luck. It was quite a while ago

Those are the ones I was thinking about. I don't know if you had one if they would still honor that or not. I thought I had read on here about someone that tried and did not have much luck. It was quite a while ago

Hi Molly's mom! :)

I did not have any trouble with my last two "vintage" NCC that I used

recently to book my next upcoming cruises.

Edited by island lady

I think I remember that post. RC gave them the line that the terms expire after 5 years, or some such BS.

I used a 2012 certificate last week for a transatlantic booking. I sent my TA a scan of the certificate highlighting the range of the dollars based on the length of the sailing and a copy of the brochure (included in this thread). The next cruise certificate also indicates there is no expiration date.

The Resolutions dept agent initially resisted the dollars requested, but when faced with my forwarded email scans, put my TA on hold and came back 10+ minutes later indicating the max credit was applied.

Terry