Luggage at the Venice Cruise Terminal

sunrocket

How is luggage handled when boarding Viking Oceans Ship in

Venice. (Do you carry it yourself to the ship or can a private land taxi take you directly to the ship? If not is there a representative to help you with your luggage or can you hire a porter)

Thank you for your help

I think if you are flying in with Viking Air, and you have no deviations, they will help you get to the ship with your luggage.

However, if flying in on your own or arriving some days early, you will need to handle the luggage. We arrived on the train, wheeled our luggage across the Ponte della Constituzione , and then caught a taxi at the bus station area (to the left when you walk off the bridge). I think there are porters that will help you across the bridge at the train station, but we didn't look into that. We had stored our large bag at Left Luggage four days earlier and caught the train to Florence.

The taxi will take you directly to the port the ship is located at. It's a fixed rate, posted at the taxi stand. Taking the People Mover with your luggage is a lot more walking.

Thanks you for your replies.

I guess I did not explain my self correctly.

My question is when you arrive at the cruise port with your

luggage, do you go directly to the ship with your luggage or

does a Viking representative take the luggage to the ship for you.

Also did you notice taxis, shuttles driving directly to where the

ship is docked.

Thank you for your help.

We used Viking Air and it included transfers.

For that, there were lots of Viking people at the airport. They had us mark our luggage and they took it from there and got it to our room. We walked to a Bus that took us to the ship.

If I take a taxi from my Venice Hotel, is it able to take me directly to the Viking ship or will it leave me at the Marittima terminal?

A taxi from a Venice hotel means a Water Taxi, which will drop you at the Water Taxi pier at Marittima. It's still quite a schlep to the ship (depending on which berth you have to get to). There may be a free port shuttle bus that will cover part of the distance for you.

My error - When I asked the following question I should have specified that I meant land taxi: "If I take a taxi from my Venice Hotel, is it able to take me directly to the Viking ship or will it leave me at the Marittima terminal?"

Thank you very much for your help with the Venice Terminal.

How did you enjoy your Viking cruise.

Last month we were able to taxi directly to our ship in port, but we passed a lot of people walking also.

Sorry, that was boarding a Celebrity ship. Our first Viking Oceans is next year's In the Wake of the Vikings, on the yet to be built Sky. Fingers crossed. I am here to learn as much as possible so like to help in return.

The People Mover has a stop inside the port and it looked like a lot of people walking from there. One of Oceania's R ship's was tied up next to us so there were lots of people in general. It was pouring rain so we were especially glad to have the taxi.