help - uk free drinks - where/ can I see it on booking

The codes vary by cruise. Mine are YGH5 & YGJ5 on the customer copy invoice.

Robin

I see the first 3 letters are the same. Maybe the digit on the end signifies the length of the cruise?

OTE=fragilek;50451673]If you read my posts about the issues we had on our last cruise you will see I learned that lesson but unfortunately not until day 3 and I was demented:D. From now on its the top lol

So glad you posted this. Am on Rhapsody 26 August sailing booked with UK TA . Had been given free select drinks package but when checked on line at RCI site did not show. Was on May 26 Brilliance and only received $150 OBC on last day after many phone calls to UK TA. Agree very embarrasing from guest services. Same TA. Took Bob's advice and emailed them asking for RCI invoice. Received it and shows Select drinks included! Many thanks and to you Bob. You are goldmine of information!

Margaret

From Scotland

Cheering as Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion !!!!!!

OTE=fragilek;50451673]If you read my posts about the issues we had on our last cruise you will see I learned that lesson but unfortunately not until day 3 and I was demented:D. From now on its the top lol

So glad you posted this. Am on Rhapsody 26 August sailing booked with UK TA . Had been given free select drinks package but when checked on line at RCI site did not show. Was on May 26 Brilliance and only received $150 OBC on last day after many phone calls to UK TA. Agree very embarrasing from guest services. Same TA. Took Bob's advice and emailed them asking for RCI invoice. Received it and shows Select drinks included! Many thanks and to you Bob. You are goldmine of information!

Margaret

From Scotland

Cheering as Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion !!!!!!

I am also a Scot and I have been sitting watching all day - Gordon Reid the Scottish wheelchair player was amazing winning both yesterday in doubles and today in the singles (as a fellow Transverse Myelitis survivor I can't believe what he can do in that chair). Now I have just enjoyed Murry's win too. Good day for Scottish sport!!

Edited by fragilek

I had the same issues

Confirmation Invoice from Travel agent shows

ALLinc & BOGOHO

Confirmed with RCI that is was the select package. However they didn't have the kids booked so had to pay for that myself and then claim it back from Travel Agents as they claim it was an error.

Will there be a sticker on your sea pass when you collect it, or is this added after you board the ship. I assume if you upgrade from Select to another package while on board you just get another sticker.

Robin

There will be a sticker on your SeaPass when you get it at check-in.

Will there be a sticker on your sea pass when you collect it, or is this added after you board the ship. I assume if you upgrade from Select to another package while on board you just get another sticker.

Robin

When you upgrade they just stick another sticker over the top. I didn't upgrade on the first day as I was happy with a few glasses of bubbly for sail away. Then an early(ish) night as exhausted from traveling. May not upgrade until day 3 (sea day) next sail as we are off the ship from 11-8pm on our first stop. That way we will save a few days at whatever the upgrade cost is.

The codes vary by cruise. Mine are YGH5 & YGJ5 on the customer copy invoice.

Robin

My invoice say Allinc & BOGOHO on two seperate lines and deducts two varying amounts of money but I have not got any YG** codes listed any where on my invoice ????

My invoice say Allinc & BOGOHO on two seperate lines and deducts two varying amounts of money but I have not got any YG** codes listed any where on my invoice ????

Is it a RCL invoice or one created by an agent?

not an expert -only 2nd RCL cruise coming up, but if its from RCL I wouldn't be worried . The reason I was worried was mine was just a footnote on an invoice for a TA.

I would have been as well, having had similar issues with TA invoices previously, glad its all sorted for you now have a great cruise.

Ive just looked through my Navigato invoices, had a few sent since booking. The first one only showed the bogo and all inc - no reference to select codes and select savings. However a later invoice adds on the select references as well - I didnt do anything to request this - looks like its just updated 2 days later

EDITED to add - just checked my Harmony invoice. Same - first one just all inc and bogo and then 2 days later, Ygg8 selec bev and yg18 savings have been applied.

So maybe ask for updated invoice to be emailed ?

Edited by densol

I had the same issues

Confirmation Invoice from Travel agent shows

ALLinc & BOGOHO

Confirmed with RCI that is was the select package. However they didn't have the kids booked so had to pay for that myself and then claim it back from Travel Agents as they claim it was an error.

That is the select package, it refers to the 2 offers you received when booking, Select drinks package and Buy One Get One Half Off.

Hi, when requesting the RCI Invoice, which email address did you use? We have booked via a TA, but would like to see an invoice direct from RCI - should that be possible?

Thanks

You have to get it from the TA. They have to request it from RCL. I tried to get my TA to request it but they kept telling me they don't have it. I even emailed my TA's customer service dept but still they emaiedl back said it did not exit. However, from the info on this thread, I knew it did. So here is how I got it.

I was buying OBC and told the helpful RCL agent on the phone the problem I was having. He couldn't understand why my TA wouldn't get the invoice so he agreed to send my TA the invoice with a request that she passed it on to me.

You have to get it from the TA. They have to request it from RCL. I tried to get my TA to request it but they kept telling me they don't have it. I even emailed my TA's customer service dept but still they emaiedl back said it did not exit. However, from the info on this thread, I knew it did. So here is how I got it.

I was buying OBC and told the helpful RCL agent on the phone the problem I was having. He couldn't understand why my TA wouldn't get the invoice so he agreed to send my TA the invoice with a request that she passed it on to me.

I think you need a new TA. It seems unlikely that a TA does not know about Royal's Guest Copy of the booking confirmation. Something smells fishy to me.

We used a different TA!!! We e-mailed them Sunday directly to manager who had handled our complaint of missing OBC on Brilliance. Of course it was "not their fault" but RCI???? However this time he e-mailed RCI invoice dated that day. It showed the select drinks included.

Margaret

I too contacted my TA today to ask for a copy of the RCCL invoice and was advised that my cabin was one that had been chartered by the TA. I think they have block booked a number of cabins. The TA has chartered a plane and is arranging the transfers. The TA advised that they are offering the select package and prepaid gratuities as part of their package. In effect I have purchased a package from the TA and I have an ATOL certificate for it.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens when we get on board...........

After reading this thread I realised I did not have the guest copy for a cruise in October although I had it for cruise next month. I went in to my Travel Agents, well known high street branch in Dundee area, and he printed it off within seconds. He assured me that every TA would have the RCL guest copy on the booking system.

My online cruise agent (uk) also has forwarded me the RC invoice within hours of my request, very helpful, probably not needed but has put my mind at rest after reading all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by caroline135