Kids sail free

For those of you that regularly sail RCI, do they offer this frequently? We have never sailed RCI and I saw the special went to book it and it had expired. We had such bad luck with Norwegian last time that I want to try a different cruiseline. So, I'm hoping this special will be back before Feb. 2017

Bummer!!! I'm kicking myself for not booking that minute. The cruise I was looking at would have been 1400 for four of us, now it is 2900.

Edited by missmich

Don't remember ever seeing kids sail free - promotions that I have seen are usually for a 3rd or 4th passenger which doesn't specifically have to be a child, particularly as there are no fares for children that are any different than adults. Look for 3rd and 4th passenger promotions.

Fortunately RCI is not one of those cruiselines to throw Kids sail free promotions around. They are rather rarely heard about.

I'd rather see happy kids from well adjusted parents versus an adult with an unlimited drinks package from Australia or New Zealand (where the culture is almost universally to binge drink).

Bummer!!! I'm kicking myself for not booking that minute. The cruise I was looking at would have been 1400 for four of us, now it is 2900.

We booked during kid sail free promo, a 7 night (Oct) on FOS out of PC for $1976 (inside cabin). 2 adults 2 kids. Just repriced same cruise, inside cabin and its over $2800. We were happy with the price so we booked it, but certainly wouldn't pay $2800.

Next year will be my 2nd RCCL cruise. Last time 2 years ago and this upcoming will be on kids sale free (or 3-6 passenger free) promos. All that to say between 2014 and now only seen it 2 times. Both times saved us significantly because we have 3 kids in family oceanview room on Freedom.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The kids sale free promo a few weeks back allowed me to move from two large ocean views to the family junior suite on the 10 day Anthem sailing with no change in price. There are two adults and three children. The same FJS would run $4k more now than what I paid.

i would love to had the promotion when we booked a year ago.

my babygirl 10 months old cost 985€ as 3 passenger in the cabin

she has to eat a lot of lobster to get the fare back :))

We booked during kid sail free promo, a 7 night (Oct) on FOS out of PC for $1976 (inside cabin). 2 adults 2 kids. Just repriced same cruise, inside cabin and its over $2800. We were happy with the price so we booked it, but certainly wouldn't pay $2800.

We did the exact same thing for Oct 2nd and my price is identical to yours. I am a little worried about the space. Have you ever stayed in an inside room with 4 people?

I booked an inside but was seriously thinking of upgrading to a balcony. Almost did it one day but didn't follow through. The next day other was gone. I am still upset about it.

We did the exact same thing for Oct 2nd and my price is identical to yours. I am a little worried about the space. Have you ever stayed in an inside room with 4 people?

I imagine it'll be a little tight. Our last two cruises were on Disney with an inside cabin and theirs have more square footage, and it was tight at times. I'm just not one to spend considerable more for an extra 50+ square feet. Our cabin time may be different than others but outside the basics (sleep,shower,change) we don't hang out in it.

I am continuing to look at connecting cabins as an option, but right know price is around $3200. So that's not worth it to me.

I'd rather see happy kids from well adjusted parents versus an adult with an unlimited drinks package from Australia or New Zealand (where the culture is almost universally to binge drink).

Nope much more entertaining to deal with the drunks than the Kids.:D:cool:

At less than 500 pp thats a pretty good deal. We have 4 kids (8-16) and its always a challenge for us to get a deal on something because you pay adult prices for the first two in a second room. If we had only 2 kids we would certainly sail more often!

We managed to get a 2 bedroom Family Oceanview on an 8 day FOS cruise for all 6 of us and it was 3900.00 taxes incl. with the KSF promo. Avg per person works out to be 650 total including taxes. Two insides with KSF promo would have been slightly more at 4200.00. At the time the listed price for our cruise on a guaranteed inside was 813 per person with the promo.

We also got 275$ obc which helps a little.

It would have been fantastic if all 4 kids were free!

Have a great cruise!

-Sean