Allure Connecting rooms question

I sailed on the Allure this year and someone on the ship said they had connecting rooms, via the balcony. Can all rooms do this or only specified connecting rooms?

Also, if you have a connecting room within the room, can you lock from just one side if say you don't want the people coming in at certain hours? I'm planning a large family cruise and 2 of my siblings want connecting rooms, but one doesn't want the other coming in whenever they want.

I sailed on the Allure this year and someone on the ship said they had connecting rooms, via the balcony. Can all rooms do this or only specified connecting rooms?

Also, if you have a connecting room within the room, can you lock from just one side if say you don't want the people coming in at certain hours? I'm planning a large family cruise and 2 of my siblings want connecting rooms, but one doesn't want the other coming in whenever they want.

All balcony rooms can have the divider between the balconies opened by the cabin steward. Once opened it is open for the cruise.

I understand that there are some cabins that are divided by a firewall and the balconies between those rooms can't be opened.

For info, it was pointed out by Alan Dahl in his periscope that the doors are single in the connecting rooms, not double (one door on each side) like in most hotel rooms. And once they are unlocked they stay unlocked, only the room attendant can lock and unlock them.

Some cabins have connecting rooms, for instance I planned Oasis family cruise this past Easter and selected adjoining CP balcony cabins 12591-1259. It worked well when the door was almost closed. However, it stopped my daughter and SIL, but not my 2 small grandchildren. LOL We also had balcony dividers opened, but it was not necessary as it was hardly use as an entrance to our cabin. It did provide add'l room, eg. bathroom if needed. Many times our cabin wound up with most of the pillows, however, our wonderful cabin steward was so patient that he sorted everything our.

Overall it was a wonderful & great experience and have planned an Easter '18 cruise on Allure.