Cruising during the holidays

dna529

We have 2 kids and are already cruising the week before Christmas. We are thinking about booking a second one the week of since we are off all week. Will it feel festive on the ship? For those of you who have done this with kids, did they enjoy it or did they want to be home for the holidays? Our kids are 10 and 13. Is it really crowded?

I've done a Christmas week cruise on Princess with older children. (Christmas Day fell right in the middle of the cruise.) I would assume that many of the aspects of that cruise would be similar to what you would experience on a Carnival cruise at the same time, i.e. the ship will be decorated to the gills and it will feel very festive.

For our family, one week on the ship was enough. The kids were ready to go home and see their friends for the last week of vacation.

Our ship was full, but I have to admit that it never felt crowded. (I suppose some ships feel more crowded than others.) We always found places to get away from the hordes. Having a balcony cabin is a good idea for that.