Very strange question

Interesting. I didn't know the children had to be yours. I thought you just had to have responsibility for them for the cruise.

Neither did I.
And, if your children are traveling with a friend, the ratio of your own children to the children that are not yours has to be 1:1 in their cabin (so, not 1 child that's yours and 2 nephews/friends) otherwise you need one adult in each cabin. There was a long thread a while ago about grandparents who were denied boarding because they were taking a group of their grandchildren with them (no parents) and they needed 3 cabins so they couldn't book one adult in each cabin Edited by DonnaK

It is NO problem to switch occupants onboard...none at all! Everyone does it...you can , too!

Technically you are right, but if you go to guest services on day one you can expect to see this:

inlineguestsvc2.jpg

I hate going to Guest Services on day one or the last evening.

We are Diamond an in our dozen or so cruises on RCI we've never seen a long line at guest services on boarding day :confused:

OP----we did one adult and one teen in booked cabins many times, always managed to walk right uo to guest services sometime in our first couple of hours onboard 8if htere happened to be a line, we'd pop back by later) and get new keys issues--it was never any problem at all.

Obviously you haven't been on the Anthem....horrendous lines at Guest Services and Excursions. iPad employees go around and try to help, but make it worse. It is always best to make ALL arrangements prior to boarding. Vicki D+

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guest maddycat

I reminder for the OP..........Your father will need a notarized letter from the children's parents giving their permission to take the children on the cruise. He should also get a notarized letter giving him permission to obtain any necessary medical treatment.

I reminder for the OP..........Your father will need a notarized letter from the children's parents giving their permission to take the children on the cruise. He should also get a notarized letter giving him permission to obtain any necessary medical treatment.

Both parents need to sign it I believe. Confirm all of this with Royal. It is important to get right.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to add my 2c worth here as I took my daughters friend along on our last cruise with RCI.

Email them and ask them to provide you with the form they require. Then have that form completed. It is a specific consent form and requires the signatures of both parents, notarised, and will then cover all activities and medical treatment if required.

I would then take several copies of the form. The sports deck lost their copy twice and I had to keep providing another in order for her to take part in Flowrider, Rockclimbing etc.

Can't imagine the cruise would have been much fun for her if I'd not taken the extra copies.

Guest maddycat
I'm going to add my 2c worth here as I took my daughters friend along on our last cruise with RCI.

Email them and ask them to provide you with the form they require. Then have that form completed. It is a specific consent form and requires the signatures of both parents, notarised, and will then cover all activities and medical treatment if required.

I would then take several copies of the form. The sports deck lost their copy twice and I had to keep providing another in order for her to take part in Flowrider, Rockclimbing etc.

Can't imagine the cruise would have been much fun for her if I'd not taken the extra copies.

Excellent information. I didn't know that RCI has a specific consent form. Also, good suggestion to take extra copies.

We found out the hard way that when sailing out of Australia there needs to be at least 1 person 18 or over in each cabin - there was one very happy older daughter who scored a free cruise as a result of this. On occasion we've swapped cabins among family members and simply gone to Guest Services for copies of the cabin keys. Adults in one cabin and children in the other.

Just reiterating this advice. Also suggest copies of the nephews' passports with each set of adults. Notarized letters from parents for treatment/transportation and insurance cards. Just additional documented permission when taking kids that aren't your own out of the country.

Enjoy the trip. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, our TA made several suggestions on cabin assignments, based on the ages a d relationships of those traveling.

There's:

DH, DD (6) and me

Dad/ stepmother

Three nephews (17, 16, 14)

The cabins (again, for a variety of reasons) were assigned as

Dad/stepmother

Me, two nephews

DH, DD, third nephew

Clearly that is not how we want this to be. TA originally suggested fixing it at check in, but I can't help but think that's going to be a disaster.

Some of the reasons were the age of travelers and cabin placement ( which has since been resolved... nephews are a few doors away from their grandparents), capacity restrictions in combination with when the nephews booked ( they booked significantly later than we did. At that point an original booking person needed to be in each cabin to avoid cancellation fees for those who ended up not wanting to go).

What a mess.

Anyone ever have to move people around within booked cabins? Are we screwed?

Not going to lie...we got steered in more than one wrong direction by this person, so I'm concerned.

Recently dealt with this situation ourselves. The reason for the adult in each is because of the three children (nephews) who are NOT traveling with their parent. We are headed on the Freedom in three weeks with our 16 year old daughter, and her best friend. When we initially made the reservation in Feb, we had a GS for my husband and I, and an interior across the hall and down 4 rooms for the girls. Because the interior was more than so many feet away from the GS, an adult had to be in that room to reserve the room, due to the regulations in place when traveling with non-custodial children under 18. So, my daughter and husband were registered in the GS with the other teen and myself in the interior. Obviously it was not going to "be" this way when we boarded, however they could not change the reservations due to the regulations. We would not be able to"officially" change anything as it had to show the adult in with the non-custodial child. This also meant I would not be able to utilize the suite perks, which is part of the reason for the GS.

Lucky for us, when final payment time rolled around, the cabin adjoining the GS opened up and we were able to replace the interior with that for a few hundred $ more. At that time, we updated the reservations to my DH and I in the GS, and the girls in the connecting balcony with no problem.

IF you have resolved the room issue and the boys are now within the proper distance to their grandparents, then call you TA NOW and get the reservations updated to show the proper people in each room. Do not wait until boarding day as it will cause all sorts of unwanted hassle and wasted time getting it fixed.

Also, do make sure you have a notarized letter of temporary guardianship that names at least one of you as temp guardian. (Make sure it is whoever will be going into port with them). The letter needs to have the ship's name and itinerary and state that the temp guardian has permission to take the boys into each Port. The letter should also state that the temp guardian has permission to act in the parent's stead to sign for any onshore excursions or on board activities, as well as any medical emergency. Make sure the parents keep a photocopy of the passports just in case of emergencies. Temp guardian should have the boy's passports and medical card. This covers all bases. You may not need all of this, but it is better to have it and not need, then to not have and you can't board with them!! (FYI: This was all needed when my sister took my daughter on a cruise a few years ago, and we will have it for our guest this time as well).

Hope you all have a wonderful and problem free cruise! =)

[quote=susanbarnes;505:-)r) F:-) :-)

:-) rrr:

rr:-cr:rffr :-

:-) F f78]We had 2 cabins with 2 adults and 4 under 21. Booked an adult in each cabi:-ref.rrf

:-

rЍrr:-) c:-) Ff:-)

rr:-):-rc:-) Cricket :-

r:cjffrrccrrf:-) rrrr:-)

cf:-) D:-) :-) rfrr r

:-) :-) :-)

CRC :-) c:-) 1 adult and 1 under j : R:r 21. The other with 1 adult and 3 under 21.cr:-) we got onboard we just switc

c: co myhusband be I were together and all the kids were together. Both of the room ste fu ards knew an:- kids ro

r:-) f we were their parents and who was in charge. We had no problems at all.

rrrr