Jewel of the Seas California Cruise! Photos! (Sept)

So this is waaayyy late. But I have been wanting to do one since we did one for our Bahama Cruise. This time it was just me and hubby. We booked this cruise while on our last one in the Bahamas. We loved that we wouldn't have to fly anywhere since we lived in SD. We knew that this cruise would be more relaxing since we are from cali and didn't have much planned.

The morning of, we headed up. My mom and dad drove us. Let me just say Port was so confusing to navigate. Once we found our way there it took a while to check in. This whole cruise was very unorganized it seemed like. Which I don't blame them since it isn't a normal cruise for them. Getting off the ship was worse since they were having issues with the gangway. Needless to say on the last day we were ready to get off the ship. We were also told wrong information in SF on which buss to get on and thank god I asked the buss driver or else we would have completely missed our excursion. And we were told wrong info on what dock number for getting off the ship so it was a mess for my mom trying to find us to pick us up...

Anyways back to the cruise... and the photos! This time I took my better camera. So here we go!

First day we didn't really take any photos. We got on board and hung around and got familiar with the ship. Went to the room when it was ready and got ready for the muster....

From then on out I will just post the photos and some comments in the order of the cruise days.... if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Room:

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-18.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-19.jpg

Santa Barbara:

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-14.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-10.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-6.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-5.jpg

While we were in Santa Barbara we decided we really didnt have anything we wanted to do so we decided to stay on the ship for the day and chill at the pool. We met a couple there that were so nice! I will say that its one of my fav perks on cruises is that everyone is sooo nice. Anyways here are some pictures from that day...

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-7.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-11.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-12.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-16.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-17.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-2.jpg

We were on the Jewel 18 September 2015 doing the US Canada Pacific Coastal Cruise from Vancouver to LA for 8 nights and in our opinion it was a great Cruise. The ship, itinerary and crew were fantastic. We are doing another Pacific Coastal RT out of Seattle on 16 September 2016 on the Explorer.

We were on the Jewel 18 September 2015 doing the US Canada Pacific Coastal Cruise from Vancouver to LA for 8 nights and in our opinion it was a great Cruise. The ship, itinerary and crew were fantastic. We are doing another Pacific Coastal RT out of Seattle on 16 September 2016 on the Explorer.

Hmm maybe cause it was a different itinerary? Im not saying it was a bad cruise it just wasnt my fav. But I am also comparing it to the Bahama cruise which was a lot different. And it was spotless in every regard. There was also tendering issues in Santa Barbara that cruisers were complaining to us about. Waitin in line for like 2-3 hours. We were lucky we just stayed on the ship.

I am really looking forward to our next cruise though on Liberty!:D

The day was pretty uneventful in SB. That night we ate at the main dinning room. Everything is always amazing in the main dining room every night. Another perk of cruising. Then it was off to bed to get some rest before our big day in SF! I was so excited since we had Alcatraz and Sausalito booked for the 2nd half day there and the first day we just walked around at Fishermans Wharf and over to Ghirardelli square. I love me some chocolate.

Arriving underneath the golden gate bridge was so awesome! Very neat. There also were whales in the bay as we were going in and that was awesome! And I got some neat photos of the bridge!

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-20.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-21.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-22.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-23.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-24.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-27.jpg

Hmm maybe cause it was a different itinerary? Im not saying it was a bad cruise it just wasnt my fav. But I am also comparing it to the Bahama cruise which was a lot different. And it was spotless in every regard. There was also tendering issues in Santa Barbara that cruisers were complaining to us about. Waitin in line for like 2-3 hours. We were lucky we just stayed on the ship.

I am really looking forward to our next cruise though on Liberty!:D

Just sharing my opinion. The Liberty is a great ship. We did a B2B Caribbean Cruise on her March/April 2011 out of Miami. The only bummer is the dream works creatures. Not our thing but they didn't ruin our Cruise as the ship, staff and itinerary were great.

Edited by davekathy

Just sharing my opinion. The Liberty is a great ship. We did a B2B Caribbean Cruise on her March/April 2011 out of Miami. The only bummer is the dream works creatures. Not our thing but they didn't ruin our Cruise as the ship, staff and itinerary were great.

Yeah I understand. Oh were there a lot of kids too because of the dream works? I didnt think about that. I know they have the parade with them. What else do they have with them?

Yeah I understand. Oh were there a lot of kids too because of the dream works? I didnt think about that. I know they have the parade with them. What else do they have with them?

We didn't feel like there was anymore kids on that Cruise compared to any of our other RCCL Caribbean Cruises. Other than the dream works parade some of the small kids paraded through the MDR one evening with the kids staff dressed as pirates. Glad it was a short parade. Things may be different now. Crap that was 5 years ago. Man how time flies. If the production show "In The Air" is still playing in the theater go see it. We really enjoyed it both times we saw it.

Edited by davekathy

We didn't feel like there was anymore kids on that Cruise compared to any of our other RCCL Caribbean Cruises. Other than the dream works parade some of the small kids paraded through the MDR one evening with the kids staff. Things may be different now. Crap that was 5 years ago. Man how time flies. If the production show "In The Air" is still playing in the theater go see it. We really enjoyed it both times we saw it.

Ok awesome! Good to know! I am really excited about the itinerary on this one too. Anything with a beach and I am good! :)

Thank you!

That night we headed back for dinner at the main dining room. And yet again it was amazing. They even made me a lactose free dessert every night. Then we spent the evening walking around the ship and retired to bed to get ready for another half day in SF. Only this time we would be going to Alcatraz and Sausalito. I was so excited. This is what I was looking forward too the most.

In the morning we head down to the cafe to get a coffee and a muffin and then got ready to head out for the tour bus for Sausalito and Alcatraz. This is where we walked off the ship and asked the lady working for RC which bus was ours and she said our bus wasnt here yet. So we decided to sit down wait a little but we noticed the bus wasnt leaving and it said sausalito/alcatraz. So my gut feeling was to ask the bus driver. And good thing I did cause we would have been sitting there and missed the entire tour! Then I would have been upset!

So sausalito was the first stop. We got to drive across the golden gate bridge so that was neat. In Sausalito it was mostly just shops and places to eat. We ate at a little italian deli that was really good right on the bay. I want to say we were only there for about an hour. Then we hoped back on the bus and headed to the alcatraz tour! We got in line and got on a boat to head over to the island. Once there we were greeted by a ranger that gave us a quick talk about the island and where to go from there. Whats nice is you can kinda go at your own pace. But they give you little headphones and pack to start and stop the audio when needed. The narration is amazing. They even have sound effects. Its so creepy. Best tour I have been on. Its a must! We got lucky that day cause at the end of the tour they happen to have an inmate signing autographs for the book he wrote. Very cool to meet him. After that we headed to the windjammer in this little secluded section and watched the ship leave from port. We also watched the sunset and we got to see a green burst at the end of the sun going down. Little did I know that this was a rare occurrence and there is actually a name for this but I dont remember for the life of me what it is called. Maybe someone here will know. That night it was the main dining room again! Love it!

So here are the photos from that day in SF. It will start from morning to later.

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-53.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-55.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-56.jpg

Sausalito:

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-57.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-58.jpg

AmandaFamily%201%20of%201-59.jpg

We were on this cruise. Your photos are 3000 times better than mine! :D They're beautiful!

Aww thank you! It was definitely worth taking my nice camera! Esp with the golden gate bridge and Alcatraz. :)