Port of Phuket

Nervouslyexcited

Phuket is a tendered port. Keep that in mind when you set up the time to meet your driver. The people on RCL excursions will be allowed off the ship first. Then people with priority tender tickets: suites, PC and DP will be allowed off. I would allow at least an hour to get off the ship to be on the safe side.

Edited by sweetgirl26

Thank you ROCruiser for the info/pictures. We are very familiar with the area having stayed at Kantary Bay Resort (near Aquarium) on numerous occasions for up to six weeks at a time. It looks like drivers can pick up in the port. If no luck arranging for our friendly driver we will walk out to the road and catch the local bus to Phuket town - as we have done dozens of time before. Very easy to wave down local bus and pay something like 50bht each to Phuket town and then at the terminal catching the Patong Beach bus (they run every 30mins). We have already done the touristy things and I only want to shop at Robinsons, Expo and Central Festival.

Thank you ROCruiser for the info/pictures. We are very familiar with the area having stayed at Kantary Bay Resort (near Aquarium) on numerous occasions for up to six weeks at a time. It looks like drivers can pick up in the port. If no luck arranging for our friendly driver we will walk out to the road and catch the local bus to Phuket town - as we have done dozens of time before. Very easy to wave down local bus and pay something like 50bht each to Phuket town and then at the terminal catching the Patong Beach bus (they run every 30mins). We have already done the touristy things and I only want to shop at Robinsons, Expo and Central Festival.

Good that you are familiar with the area. Do you know the name of the port where we docked? After spending the day in Phuket, I still can't figure out where the ship docked that day. Is there a way to walk to a beach nearby from there? Very curious.

Would love to catch the local bus, how will I know which one!!! Does it have a number, specific stop marker etc. ps I don't speak or read thai. We would like to go to Phuket Town not Patong Beach. Will be on Princess in August and they will dock at the Deep Sea Port

The local bus from the Aquarium to Phuket Town looks like a ute with a canopy over the top. Two bench seats inside the back tray. At the Port you change sides of the road and when you see it you wave - no permanent bus stop. They are approximately every half hour. You pay the driver when you alight. They stop at the bus terminal and then there is a walk of about 10 minutes into town - though there are taxis/tuk tuks available. Make sure you tell them NO gem factories - just town.

Going back to the Port, bus is parked down same bus terminal road, opposite Thai Bank sign - fair way down road -in front of Patong Beach bus. Return buses are a bit hit and miss in the afternoons, so leave plenty of time - like before 3pm - just in case.

Town has plenty of tuk tuks/taxis available.

Thanks Nervouslyexcited and ROCruiser, we had a little chuckle at your adventures and suggestions and thought why not we will give it ago! Sounds like fun.

Thankyou::D

Yeah, it was a little comical now that we think back on our day at Phuket. I was totally lost to start with and with Mr. Pisan jumping out from his car, I thought that was the end of us on that country road. But what a day we had! Have a fun day in Phuket!