If I call for an upsell will it affect my early booking points?

TifffanyD

Hi all,

It's getting close to the time to call for an upsell for our Gem cruise. We booked more than 9 months out so we got double latitude points... which will put us to platinum. If I call for (and get) an upsell, will this reset the clock and cause me to lose those extra points? Thanks for any info you have!

No it doesn't. Your original booking date and perks are kept.

Last year i booked a cruise over 1 year out. I then rebooked 8 months out and I didn't get credit for the additional points. In my case it did't really matter since i was already platinum

Last year i booked a cruise over 1 year out. I then rebooked 8 months out and I didn't get credit for the additional points. In my case it did't really matter since i was already platinum

Rebooking and purchasing an upsell to a different category of cabin, are completely different transactions.

Edited by GrabMyWrist

When is the time to call? Do I just call the regular number? This is our first cruise so sorry for all the questions. We leave Aug 6th

Best time to start calling is 30 days out.... as you get closer the upsell offer may get better (or the opposite where all rooms are gone).

There is a different number to call and a simple search here will get you it.

No it doesn't. Your original booking date and perks are kept.

Hi thanks for your reply as it answered another question I had- if I had both the UDP and SDP as promos from my booking last December I would keep them both?

Hi thanks for your reply as it answered another question I had- if I had both the UDP and SDP as promos from my booking last December I would keep them both?

Yes, you keep whatever promos you originally had. No other promos are added though.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk!

When is the time to call? Do I just call the regular number? This is our first cruise so sorry for all the questions. We leave Aug 6th

We're on the same cruise. I emailed my NCL T/A last week regarding and upgrade/upsell. She said 15 days or less for the best deals so we'll wait.

I've booked 2 insides that I'm hoping to upgrade to balconies.

I've already got a max $ in mind. If we can't get it at the right price, we'll be happy with the inside we originally booked.:)