Jewel -Alaska - tendering?

CindyLouWho2

You can easily find out the schedule via an online source. There is "tendering", for the add on Tracy Arm boat tour, but I know they are docked in both Juneau and Skagway. Depends if dock 3 is now open in Ketchikan??

If you go on the website that shows the ship's positions (I googled NCL docking schedule Alaska 2016) it shows where every ship is right now, its pretty cool. For example I saw the NCL Pearl is in Ketchikan and it does not look like it is docked, kinda off to the side of the port and not in one of the dock slips. At least that is what the picture shows.

In Juneau the Pearl and Jewell share the same SJ dock space and usually do not have to tender. The Jewell arrives in the AM and the Pearl takes the spot for the PM - I have never seen either of them tender there.

As someone mentioned the Tracy Arm Explorer excursion (small boat tour) re-boards the ship via the tendering platform.

Otherwise I believe that the only true tender port left in AK is Sitka.

In Juneau the Pearl and Jewell share the same SJ dock space and usually do not have to tender. The Jewell arrives in the AM and the Pearl takes the spot for the PM - I have never seen either of them tender there.

As someone mentioned the Tracy Arm Explorer excursion (small boat tour) re-boards the ship via the tendering platform.

Otherwise I believe that the only true tender port left in AK is Sitka.

Pearl and Jewel often overlap in Juneau. In other words, one ship arrives early or one departs late, or both. From time to time, (often enough that its worth mentioning), this situation requires that one ship tenders for part of their stay in Juneau.

I have personally tendered twice in Juneau. Typically, the later ship will tender, then move to the dock once the other ship departs.

Here is the Jewel tendering in Juneau (note the missing tender boats)...

jewel-tender-juneau.jpg