Birthday Celebration on Triumph

I am sailing on Triumph in 27 days and very excited to be cruising out of NOLA. There are 10 of us flying in from all over the country 2 days prior to sailing for some Nola fun in the French Quarter. We all will be celebrating our 50th birthday and we are trying to figure out some logistics for our stay in Nola and getting on the ship. Some of us have Fttf and others don't but we want to try and embark together to take a few group pictures and have our lunch and lido party together. I have a few questions.

If you stayed in Nola prior to your cruise:

what hotel did you use and how did you all get to the cruise terminal? (Walking is not an option. 10 woman 5 cabins is at least 20 pieces of luggage) we are thinking uber, shuttle, limo or taxi. Which is best.

Do you suggest the early arrival time (10am) to be able to stay together for embarkation?

Also, What time did you arrive at the terminal and approximately how long was it from bag drop to boarding the ship??

Any information from anyone who recently cruised from Nola can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am sailing on Triumph in 27 days and very excited to be cruising out of NOLA. There are 10 of us flying in from all over the country 2 days prior to sailing for some Nola fun in the French Quarter. We all will be celebrating our 50th birthday and we are trying to figure out some logistics for our stay in Nola and getting on the ship. Some of us have Fttf and others don't but we want to try and embark together to take a few group pictures and have our lunch and lido party together. I have a few questions.

If you stayed in Nola prior to your cruise:

what hotel did you use and how did you all get to the cruise terminal? (Walking is not an option. 10 woman 5 cabins is at least 20 pieces of luggage) we are thinking uber, shuttle, limo or taxi. Which is best.

Do you suggest the early arrival time (10am) to be able to stay together for embarkation?

Also, What time did you arrive at the terminal and approximately how long was it from bag drop to boarding the ship??

Any information from anyone who recently cruised from Nola can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

I can only answer part of this. 2 weeks ago we had the 10-10:30 check in time and arrived at the port of NOLA at 10:15. We boarded the Triumph at 12:30.

We stayed at the Astor crowne plaza at the corner of canal st and bourbon st. Very lovely safe hotel. The bell hop will call you a cab to take you to the cruise terminal, no reason to get there before 11ish cause boarding usually doesn't start until 12 or so, depending on clearance of ship. If you check in at 11, you will ride the escalator up, take group pic, go thru security, get your sign and sail card, and usually by then they are calling platinum, diamond, and fttf guest to board. Have fun on your trip to the big easy and on your cruise....happy birthday too. Be sure to let carnival know it's your birthday, I did it in April and got a 50.00 spa voucher, 25.00 wine voucher, free cruise picture, and a cute birthday cake.

We stayed at the Astor crowne plaza at the corner of canal st and bourbon st. Very lovely safe hotel. The bell hop will call you a cab to take you to the cruise terminal, no reason to get there before 11ish cause boarding usually doesn't start until 12 or so, depending on clearance of ship. If you check in at 11, you will ride the escalator up, take group pic, go thru security, get your sign and sail card, and usually by then they are calling platinum, diamond, and fttf guest to board. Have fun on your trip to the big easy and on your cruise....happy birthday too. Be sure to let carnival know it's your birthday, I did it in April and got a 50.00 spa voucher, 25.00 wine voucher, free cruise picture, and a cute birthday cake.

I believe NOLA has staggered boarding ,so you can not just show up at the terminal ... Better check your check in times

If some of you have FTTF and some of you don't you will be boarding separately regardless of your checkin time. All FTTF is allowed to board before those without. If the boarding picture is really important to you those that have FTTF will have to hang back and board with those in your group that don't have it. So the earlier checkin time the better. IMO it would be better for all to have FTTF or the ones that have it are missing out on one of the better perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure to let carnival know it's your birthday, I did it in April and got a 50.00 spa voucher, 25.00 wine voucher, free cruise picture, and a cute birthday cake.

There's a place on your online docs to note if you have a special occasion. Our TA took care of that for us and DH got a 50.00 spa voucher, specialty restaurant voucher, and a free cruise picture.

If you can't find where to note this occasion on your docs there was a thread a couple of weeks ago with detailed directions. If you use a TA they have to do it - if you booked direct you do it.

I have been looking for that thread.

Does anyone know what the title is?

I searched the forum for "Birthday" and under one that says something like "How do you inform Carnival of an occasion" (or something near that)

I found this for you:

Ok, this is what you do. On the Carnival website go into your Cruise Manager, then select the tab of the cruise in question (if you have more than one booked). Click on Cruise Detail. Click on the tab that says "My Guests". Here you will find all the names associated with the booking. Under the email of each guest there is a "Modify" link. Click on this link and you will see that person's information, along with sections on "Medical Advisories" and "Special Occasions". Under "Special Occasions" you can select "Anniversary", "Birthday", or "Honeymoon".

Hope this helps.

If some of you have FTTF and some of you don't you will be boarding separately regardless of your checkin time. All FTTF is allowed to board before those without. If the boarding picture is really important to you those that have FTTF will have to hang back and board with those in your group that don't have it. So the earlier checkin time the better. IMO it would be better for all to have FTTF or the ones that have it are missing out on one of the better perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I suggested to those 2 cabins that done have it to get it. We will see what they do. I got Fttf so I wouldn't have to wait all day to board so if they don't have zone 1,2 or 3 then I guess our picture will have to wait. Thanks again.

Just got off the Triumph. Traveling with a group with different boarding times. Those who had 10:30 boarding times had to wait in long lines and were not on til about 11:30. Those who had later times had no wait at all. My time was 2:00, showed up about 1:30 and walked right through only had to wait about 5 minutes in one line.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from a Triumph cruise. I'm local so I can't answer your other questions, but the photo is taken before check-in (as you walk in), so you will be able to do it together as long as you all arrive at the port together!

They can arrive at any time, just won't be able to check in yet, so the photo isn't a problem.

Edited by eaglewings2002