How does Freestyle work?

jagsfan

Do you have to stand in line even at the MDRs? Or can you call in a reservation?We need a table for 8.

How about at the complimentary restaurants like O'Sheehan's?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Starting 90 days out you can make reservations at the MDRs through your myncl account or by calling ncl. Onboard you can make reservations from your cabin, at the dining room or at the restaurant desk at Guest Services. I don't believe reservations were taken for O'Sheehan's. In March on the Getaway my party of 7 never waited more than a few minutes for seating with or without reservations.

BTW - Go Jags!

Edited by ejnsb

We fell in love with freestyle cruising last year because my husband hates always having to dress up. Freestyle let's you wear the clothing you are comfortable in and eat at a time that is convenient for you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Starting 90 days out you can make reservations at the MDRs through your myncl account or by calling ncl. Onboard you can make reservations from your cabin, at the dining room or at the restaurant desk at Guest Services. I don't believe reservations were taken for O'Sheehan's. In March on the Getaway my party of 7 never waited more than a few minutes for seating with or without reservations.

BTW - Go Jags!

We will be first time cruisers next year with NCL and was wondering if there are restricted times that are available when you call or book on line, reservations for the MDR.

We will be first time cruisers next year with NCL and was wondering if there are restricted times that are available when you call or book on line, reservations for the MDR.

Times are offered in I think 30 minute intervals for the hours the room is open, say 5:30 to 9:00. In your myncl account under the explore and plan option you will choose party size then it will display the times available. Early and late seatings easy to get, the prime times 6:30-7:30 tend to book up. Even so, in the MDR's you can get in any time without a reservation if you are willing to wait a few minutes.

You didn't say what ship you will be sailing. I just sailed the Breakaway out of New York and cruised with a party roughly the same size as yours. BE PREPARED TO WAIT! I strongly suggest you don't try to get seated all together. The larger the party, the slower the service, and it's pretty darn slow to begin with.

It's Epic. I agree that large tables have a way longer meal. We enjoy hashing over our day and never run out of things to talk about, so it's not a problem.

BTW - Go Jags!

Go Jags, indeed! Training Camp looks great so far. We've got a great bunch of guys this year.

Since there are just the two of us, we always try to share a table. A lot of the time it will be a large table. Service may be a bit slower, but not much. We enjoy meeting new people and since we usually have different folks, we can tell the same stories over again. Our first trip on NCL was the second cruise from NOLA after Katrina. First shared meal was a dud with a newly wed couple and a guy who wouldn't stop talking. After that our fellow diners were amazing and some made us cry with their Katrina stories. To us, sharing meals is the best part of any cruise:D