A Japanese cherry blossom cruise.

drron29

Certainly these gardens would have been much better appreciated doing it independently but going on this cruis got us to places it would be a little difficult to organise.As well we usually lost the group for periods as we always knew when the bus was to leave.We were never the last back on the bus-the other frustrating thing about group tours.I am not sure why but I liked this garden more than some of the more famous ones we visited.

Back to the pictorial-

DSC02567.JPG.DSC02574.JPG.

Now it was back through the shop.Mrsdrron found a couple of small purchases and I found lots of samples of Japanese food to enjoy.Then across the road and through the nursery.Wonderful plants and I found the orchids-another of my favourite flowers.Always impressed with the perfection the Japanese strive for.Rarely a blemish on the plants-

DSC02575.JPG.DSC02576.JPG.

DSC02577.JPG.DSC02579.JPG.

It was a really windy day which caused some problems for the children.but another moving farewell-

DSC02601.JPG.DSC02602.JPG.

Now the movies.the men performed first-

Now the first performance by the children-

the second children's performance-

Now the combined farewell.Note the strength of the wind.Plus apologies for the fickle finger of fate in top left-

Edited by drron29

The Japanese certainly do put a Japanese accent to many things familiar to us here.I find it delightful.

We are now leaving Sakaiminato.Mt Daisen finally makes an appearance-

DSC02598.JPG.DSC02603.JPG.

As we move into the Sea of Japan the sun is starting to set so you know what that means.

DSC02611.JPG.DSC02614.JPG.

DSC02618.JPG.DSC02626.JPG.

Tuesday and we arrive in Kanazawa.Once again the local tourist office out to welcome us.Today in traditional dress-

DSC02676.JPG.DSC02677.JPG.

DSC02688.JPG.DSC02692.JPG.

With our Cruise Director Yanni.We got along very well.So our first visit today was a gold leaf factory where we made postcards.Much more enjoyable than I thought.We made postcards,had some edible gold and of course a gold icecream.

DSC02695.JPG.DSC02697.JPG.

An interesting water feature-

DSC02700.JPG.DSC02706.JPG.

Kanazawa was not bombed during the war so a lot more older buildings but not necessarily impressive.Some of the local area and shots from the bus on the way to an Entertainment area.

DSC02699.JPG.DSC02713.JPG.

DSC02707.JPG.

Typical Japanese scene.Bus driver cleaning his bus.Attention to detail.

DSC02717.JPG.

And we are here-

DSC02720.JPG.DSC02719.JPG.

Both of us felt of all the ports this was the top of the list for a repeat visit.Easy to get to by shinkansen,Crowne Plaza at the station which is central to everything,plenty of restaurants and the Kenroku-en garden to top it all.

So to the Higashi Geisha district.Narrow streets but turned out to be very interesting.Unfortunately no geisha shows on the night we were there.

DSC02721.JPG.DSC02722.JPG.

This little fellow had just been relieved from nesting duties-

DSC02729.JPG.DSC02731.JPG.

Back to the ship for lunch then the afternoon at Kenroku-en Garden.We missed peak blossom time but some later blooming cherries were looking good.

DSC02768.JPG.DSC02771.JPG.

DSC02775.JPG.DSC02778.JPG.

One of the features of the garden is this fountain powered just by water pressure.The oldest in Japan built in the 1800s.

DSC02783.JPG.DSC02786.JPG.