Cruising September 3 on Carnival Triumph with Questions

Jessiebug

I'm new to cruising and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone stayed in room 9282, can you give me any insight on this room. Is it noisy? This is a balcony room correct?

2. I can only bring 1 bottle of wine or 12 cans of soda correct?

3. What is the best thing to do in Cozumel and Progreso.

4. On non formal Night a sundress with leggings or dress capri's can be wore in the MDR?

I'm sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i have things right. Thanks for any help

Well I can help with the room. We stayed in 9282 in April. It's a lido deck balcony which is the only kind of room we book. You'll love it. You are less than 30 seconds from your room to the pool area, bars and places to eat on the lido. Great location, absolutely quiet.

As for Cozumel, I'm hooked on Mr Sanchos. Going there for the 6th time next week.

And yes on #4. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm new to cruising and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone stayed in room 9282, can you give me any insight on this room. Is it noisy? This is a balcony room correct?

Lido deck cabins, whether you have a balcony or interior are the way to cruise! 9282 is a balcony - we'll be in 9280 two weeks later, and we always stay on the Lido deck!

2. I can only bring 1 bottle of wine or 12 cans of soda correct?

One bottle of wine per adult AND 12 cans of soda per adult

3. What is the best thing to do in Cozumel and Progreso.

In Cozumel, we've done a bar hop tour (not a ship's excursion) and there were kids along on that one; We did a tequila factory tour, that I don't think they still do, and this cruise we're doing the catamaran sail & snorkle) Mr. Sancho's all inclusive is great for everyone too. In Progreso there is a beach near the end of the pier, but most of the excursions are away from the town, which is quite small.

4. On non formal Night a sundress with leggings or dress capri's can be wore in the MDR? t-shirts, swimsuits, ball caps, cut off jeans are about all they don't want you wearing

I'm sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i have things right. Thanks for any help

Have a great cruise - you'll be back!!

This isn't one of your question, but its advice I give anyone one with a balcony(I haven't been on the Triumph personally).

1. Take a bungee cord if you may want prop balcony door open and listen to ocean at night. Down side is your AC will not work while its open. There is a trick keep the AC working, but I don't recommend it as it is wasteful. A google search will yield you answers if you want to know the trick.

2. If you room ever gets too warm and the AC isn't cooling fast enough, open both the balcony door and the cabin door at the same time for just a few seconds. The outside hallway has positive pressure and doing to will quickly blow all the hot air(and any lose papers if your not careful) outside. After we discovered this my wife insists we do this anytime I use the restroom:o

I have not had 9282, but had 9284 on the Triumph and it was a FANTASTIC location. You leave the Lido pool area, go thru the double glass doors, and then there is a door on each side that goes to the cabins. So, you really only get the foot traffic for those with cabins on that short hall.

For Progresso: We took the excursion to Uxmal to see the Mayan ruins. It was amazing, and we're going back in October. The ride is kind of long, but most excursions from Progresso take you some distance from the town. At Uxmal you can actually climb one of the pyramids, our guide was fantastic, and we felt that we learned a lot, while we had a good time.

Haven't stayed in your room but have stayed close to there. The Lido location is excellent. In Progresso we usually book an excursion through Autoprogreso and have been to Uxmal, Chichen Itza, Dzibalchaltun and Xcambo ruins through them as well as going on several of their beach excursions-Reef Club and Technotel. In Coz we like to go to Playa Palancar or hire a driver to go to the east side f the island.