My Summit Review: Week makes a difference!

HokiePoq

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=542105

We had a great time on the Summit the week of July 17-24. I've been reading other reviews and wondered how people could have such a different experience. Nothing is perfect (yes, there is rust on the balcony).

When we were on a private tour our first day, the guides were excited about the upcoming cricket competition. I did not realize everything shuts down for that. We were very fortunate not to be there for the big holiday. I would suggest checking that out before booking a Bermuda cruise. We did a combination of a private tour first day, public transport on our own second day, and a ship's excursion the third day. I think we saw a lot in a very short time and would do it again next year. Many onboard had done this cruise on the Summit multiple times.

Bottom line...anyone reading reviews, please note the overall ratings and don't be deterred by a few negative reviews.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=542105

We had a great time on the Summit the week of July 17-24. I've been reading other reviews and wondered how people could have such a different experience. Nothing is perfect (yes, there is rust on the balcony).

When we were on a private tour our first day, the guides were excited about the upcoming cricket competition. I did not realize everything shuts down for that. We were very fortunate not to be there for the big holiday. I would suggest checking that out before booking a Bermuda cruise. We did a combination of a private tour first day, public transport on our own second day, and a ship's excursion the third day. I think we saw a lot in a very short time and would do it again next year. Many onboard had done this cruise on the Summit multiple times.

Bottom line...anyone reading reviews, please note the overall ratings and don't be deterred by a few negative reviews.

Thanks for sharing your Cruise.

When we were on a private tour our first day, the guides were excited about the upcoming cricket competition. I did not realize everything shuts down for that. We were very fortunate not to be there for the big holiday. I would suggest checking that out before booking a Bermuda cruise.

We were there for Cup Match in 2013. We did a private tour on Wednesday and it was so interesting watching the tents pop-up as the day went on. People will camp anywhere! On Thursday, we went to Warwick Long Bay and beached hopped back to Horseshoe, which was absolutely crammed with people because of the holiday. On Friday, we went on a jet-ski tour. Because of the crowds, we used taxis rather than public transport, but other than that, no issues with closures. Shops at the Dockyard were open.

Cup Match is usually the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August. The location alternates between Somerset and St. George's. The year we went, it was in St. George's, so traffic wasn't an issue.

Glad you had a good time.

We were there for Cup Match in 2013. We did a private tour on Wednesday and it was so interesting watching the tents pop-up as the day went on. People will camp anywhere! On Thursday, we went to Warwick Long Bay and beached hopped back to Horseshoe, which was absolutely crammed with people because of the holiday. On Friday, we went on a jet-ski tour. Because of the crowds, we used taxis rather than public transport, but other than that, no issues with closures. Shops at the Dockyard were open.

Cup Match is usually the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August. The location alternates between Somerset and St. George's. The year we went, it was in St. George's, so traffic wasn't an issue.

Thanks...good for everyone thinking of booking to consider Cup Match.

Thanks. Private tour and being where the Cup Match is not sounds like a good strategy if this is your cruise week.